The Carlisle Mosquito Online

Friday, September 24, 2010

Two CCHS buses collide on Wed. No injuries reported

Two school buses carrying Concord-Carlisle High School students home from school collided on Wednesday afternoon while trying to merge onto Route 2, according to John Flaherty, Deputy Superintendent for Finance and Operations for the Concord-Carlisle Regional School District. Flaherty had been to the scene and described the accident, which occurred at the intersection of Route 2 and Walden Street. “No one was seriously hurt,” he said. “As a precaution, one student was transported to the hospital because some glass fell in his hair. I spoke to him and he was fine.” He said that the collision will not impact the bus service, because there are spare buses in the fleet. ∆

© 2010 The Carlisle Mosquito