Friday, July 16, 2010
ACTS presents Chicago, July 30 and 31
The Alexander Children’s Theatre School (ACTS) is keeping the tradition of summer theater alive with a special alumni and teen presentation of the musical Chicago. Performances will be Friday, July 30, at 8 p.m. and Saturday, July 31, at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the air-conditioned Turtle Lane Playhouse, 283 Melrose Street, Auburndale, Mass.
Jon Mayer of River Road, who will be a senior at CCHS in the fall, stars as Billy Flynn, the silver-tongued prince of the courtroom. Jacqui Malis of Tophet Road, who will also be a senior at CCHS in the fall, appears in the show as Annie, one of the “Cell Block Tango” dancers. This production is featuring many ACTS alumni who are in college theatre programs, as well as some very talented high school students.
CYT presents Urinetown, July 16 and 17
Concord Youth Theatre’s (CYT) Young Adult Production Company continues the second weekend of the musical comedy, Urinetown on Friday, July 16 and Saturday, July 17, at 7:30 p.m. at Middlesex School’s Cornelius Ayer Wood Theatre, 1400 Lowell Road, in Concord.
Urinetown is a hilarious and satirical tale of greed, corruption, love and revolution in a time when water is worth its weight in gold. In a city with a 20-year drought, the government is forced to ban public toilets. A hero decides he’s had enough and plans a revolution. Urinetown has outrageous perspective, modern wit and an ability to produce gales of laughter.
College- and high school-aged young adults from Concord and nine surrounding communities will be performing in Urinetown, including Miles Petrie of Baldwin Road and Sydney Callahan of Indian Hill.
Tickets for Urinetown are $15 each. Tickets may be purchased online at www.concordyouththeatre.org or by calling the CYT box office at 1-978-371-1482. Tickets will also be available at the door but advance reservations are recommended as performances sell out quickly. ∆
• Scott Hanson of Laurelwood Drive and his team won first place at a charity golf tournament on June 28 at the Andover Country Club. The event was sponsored by Supportive Living, Inc., provider of housing and care for survivors of brain injury. The tournament, followed by an awards dinner and silent auction, raised money for disabled survivors learning to live independently.
• Brenden Hedblom of Maple Street, a member of the class of 2012 at Skidmore College, was elected to membership in the college’s New York Alpha Theta Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon, the national honorary mathematics society. In addition, he was elected to membership in Sigma Pi Sigma, the national physics honor society. ∆
UMass Lowell graduates
The following Carlisle students graduated from the University of Massachusetts Lowell this spring:
• Steven Harry Chehames of Red Fox Drive.
• Emily P. Fiorentino of Aaron Way.
• Alison Miles Pray of Forest Park Drive.
• Thomas J. Wilson of Carlisle. ∆
MCC Dean’s List
The following Carlisle students were named to the Dean’s List at Middlesex Community College for the spring 2010 semester.
• Thomas N. Deakins of Robbins Drive.
• Meaghan M. Levey of Autumn Lane.
• Susan Lohrer of Fielding Farm Drive.
• Aaron C. Naisbitt of Carlisle.
• Catherine L. Rensink of West Street. ∆
Private school honor rolls
The following Carlisle students earned academic honors for the spring semester at the Applewild School in Fitchburg.
• Charles Gettys, a sixth grader, Academic High Honors and Effort Honors.
• Rebecca Gettys, a ninth grader, Academic High Honors and Effort High Honors.
The following Carlisle students earned academic honors for the spring trimester at Lawrence Academy in Groton.
• Katherine Boudreau, a senior, high honors.
• Lily Jewell, a ninth grader, high honors.
• Jackson Forelli, a junior, honors.
• Katherine Melvin, a ninth grader, honors. ∆
Private school graduates
• Caroline Wingard of Estabrook Road graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, Connecticut. She will attend Wesleyan University in the fall.
• Katherine Boudreau of North Road graduated from Lawrence Academy in Groton. She will attend Connecticut College in the fall.
• Michael Hernandez of West Street graduated from Lawrence Academy in Groton. He will attend Denison University in the fall.
• Danielle Pedra formerly of Elizabeth Ridge Road graduated from Lawrence Academy in Groton. She will attend Virginia Tech in the fall.
• Eunna Oh of Russell Street graduated from eighth grade at Nashoba Brooks School of Concord. ∆
© 2010 The Carlisle Mosquito