Friday, June 11, 2010
• Eric Luby of Woodbine Road completed the Dynamy Internship Year (a gap-year program) in Worcester. He will attend Lafayette College in the fall.
• Tucker Ford Webb of East Riding Drive received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School on Sunday, June 6, at ceremonies held on the Medical School campus in Worcester.
A 2000 graduate from Concord- Carlisle High School, Tucker earned his undergraduate degree from Hampshire College in 2005. Following graduation, Tucker will serve his residency in Emergency Medicine at UMass Memorial Hospital in Worcester.
• G. Peter Wilson of Maple Street, a professor of accounting at the Carroll School of Management at Boston College, has received the 2010 Distinguished Achievement in Accounting Education Award from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
The award recognizes full-time college accounting educators distinguished for excellence in teaching and for national prominence in the accounting profession. Wilson holds the Joseph L. Sweeney Chair in Accounting in the Carroll School, where he has taught since 1997.
He received the AICPA award for his innovative teaching practices, which have encouraged his students to pursue accounting careers.
Wilson also recently received a Teaching with New Media Award from Boston College in recognition of his outstanding use of technology to enhance learning. He was one of seven recipients of the awards, selected from a pool of 208 faculty members at BC nominated by undergraduate and graduate students. ∆
Congratulations college graduates
• Meredith Brooks Davis of Prospect Street received a Bachelor of Science in International Health Studies, magna cum laude, from Georgetown University.
• Timothy Galligan of South Street received a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
• Keith D. Lewis of East Riding Drive received a Bachelor of Arts in Music, with a concentration in Audio Recording, cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University.
• Michael Luby of Woodbine Road received a Bachelor of Arts in Physics from Middlebury College.
• Jacqueline O’Kelly of Munroe Hill Road received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Music in Performance (trombone) from Oberlin College.
• Joanna Orlando of Autumn Lane received a Bachelor of Science degree from Lasell College.
• Amanda T. Byers of Rutland Street received a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Vermont.
• Susanna Jane Fardy of Rockland Road received a Bachelor of Science in Family Studies, cum laude, from the University of New Hampshire. ∆
Private school graduates
• Abby Ostrom of Ledgeways graduated from The Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor, Connecticut. Ostrom, a four-year boarding student at Loomis, was named to the honor roll for the winter and spring terms. She was a tri-varsity captain in field hockey, ice hockey and softball, and won Coaches’ Awards for ice hockey and softball. She was selected to the Western New England Prep School Softball All-Star Team and named All-League First Team Catcher. She plans to continue her studies and play ice hockey and softball at Trinity College.
• David Golonka of Hutchins Road graduated from Brooks School in North Andover with Distinction in History. He will be attending Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
• Brad Bero of Hartwell Road graduated from Middlesex School in Concord. Bero played on the boys’ varsity lacrosse team, which won the ISL Championship. He earned a share of the school’s Ruth S. Kondon Memorial Lacrosse Bowl, and was named All-League and an All-New England Senior All-Star for the season. He will attend Dickinson College. ∆
Correction: William Golonka earned high honors, not honors, at the Belmont Hill School as reported last week. The school corrected its error.
© 2010 The Carlisle Mosquito