Friday, May 7, 2010
Selectmen shorts, April 27
• School project borrowing. The Board of Selectmen (BOS) on April 27 approved Carlisle Treasurer Larry Barton’s proposal to borrow a million dollars to cover authorized expenditures in the school building project. “If we were not to borrow money now, by the end of June we’d be running a deficit,” said Barton and explained that it was not cost-effective to go for a lower figure.
• Bond rating improves. Barton reported the town’s bond rating has improved from AA2 to AA1.
• Site plan review process. Pending approval by Town Meeting, the BOS approved the revised Site Plan Review Rules and Regulations to streamline implementation. If the town approves the new guidelines, they will apply immediately; otherwise, the old ones will remain in place.
• Garden Club plant sale. The BOS granted permission for a portion of the annual plant sale to take place on the Town Common on May 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Personnel board adds member. The board appointed Mark Hersey of Litchfield Drive for one of two remaining vacancies on the Personnel Board. ∆
© 2010 The