Friday, February 12, 2010
Board of Health shorts, February 9
• 20 Judy Farm Road – garbage disposal deed restriction. The contractor appeared before the Board of Health (BOH) on February 9 on behalf of the owners to request a garbage disposal removal and deed restriction to allow them to add a tenth room to their house without modifying the septic system. The board noted that since the system was completely replaced in 2003 and the addition would add space to existing rooms without actually creating a new separate room that the building would remain a nine room house so no removal or deed restriction was needed to proceed.
• 873 Rockland Road – re-approval of waiver. The State Department of Environmental Protection sent the application back to the Board of Health so that the wording could be corrected and clarified. The homeowners made the requested changes and the board re-approved the waiver.
• Hazardous Waste Collection. The free hazardous waste collection day will be Saturday, May 28 from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Sharps Collection. Due to new regulations, used needles can no longer be disposed of at the dump. The BOH will be organizing free collection days, either here in Carlisle or by partnering with another town that already has such a program in place.
• Rabies Vaccine Clinic. A veterinarian has volunteered to administer a rabies clinic to be held in Town Hall on March 6 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Town-Wide Emergency Contact Phone System. With the support of the fire and police chiefs the board is looking into purchasing and setting up an emergency contact system for the town. It would be entirely run online with no equipment to maintain and the ability for residents to log in to a website to update their contact information. ∆
© 2010 The