Friday, August 14, 2009
8 a.m. A Click it or Ticket traffic enforcement operation began at 8 a.m. and ended at 9:07 a.m. There were four vehicle stops.
8:34 a.m. A pond breached its bank at Curve Street and the bogs. The responsible party was notified.
8:33 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on Bedford Road, where a fire alarm was sounding.
3:37 a.m. Patrol was called to Munroe Hill Road for a complaint of domestic assault and battery. While there, the person responsible for the battery was arrested on an existing warrant for a motor vehicle offense.
7:32 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency on Woodland Road.
9:09 a.m. Patrol attempted to serve a summons on North Road but was not successful.
9:50 a.m. A bike patrol was made on Lowell Street and Elizabeth Ridge Road.
3:25 p.m. A check was made on the Greenough Barn on Maple Street.
5:23 p.m. Patrol was successful in a second attempt to serve a summons on North Road.
10:08 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on Long Ridge Road at the scene of a carbon monoxide investigation.
12:41 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on School Street at the scene of a box alarm investigation at the First Religious Society.
2:56 p.m. The Dog Officer was notified of a dog harassing a neighbor on Long Ridge Road.
10:07 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency on Autumn Lane.
11:01 a.m. A house check was requested on Autumn Lane because of suspicious activity.
11:30 a.m. A Click it or Ticket traffic enforcement operation began at 11:30 a.m. and concluded at 3:07 p.m. There were 12 vehicle stops.
3:05 p.m. Patrol investigated a burglar alarm received from a Maple Street residence and found the situation appeared okay.
3:21 p.m. A dog was found on Bedford Road and the Dog Officer notified.
4 p.m. A Click it or Ticket traffic enforcement operation began at 4 p.m. and concluded at 6:49 p.m. There were seven vehicle stops.
7:07 p.m. A burglar alarm received from a West Street residence was set off accidentally by workers.
8:32 p.m. Patrol investigated a noise complaint on Judy Farm Road and had a negative find.
10:38 p.m. A Rutland Street resident reported kids running down the street making noise. Patrol investigated and had a negative find.
9:30 a.m. Patrol responded at the scene of a 911 hang-up call on Rutland Street and determined that it was a domestic dispute which was subsequently resolved by the parties involved.
11:46 a.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout on Lowell Street.
1:36 p.m. A CO2 pistol and pepper spray were turned in at the station.
2:40 p.m. A tree across the roadway on Meadowbrook Road was removed by patrol.
3:04 p.m. Money found at North Road and Rutland Street was returned to the owner.
4:40 p.m. An East Riding Drive resident reported harassing phone calls and threats.
7:25 p.m. A Bedford Road resident came to the station for legal advice.
8:00 p.m. NSTAR was notified of a tree in the road and wires on Wildwood Drive.
11:41 p.m. A mailbox was vandalized on Patch Meadow Lane.
11:48 p.m. Patrol investigated a burglar alarm at a Rutland Street residence and found the situation appeared secure.
10:48 a.m. Verizon was advised of a low hanging wire on West Street.
11:53 a.m. The operator of a landscaping truck parked on a bad corner at Concord and Russell Streets was advised to move it.
11:57 a.m. Patrol investigated a report of a large turtle in the road at Bedford and Skelton Roads and had a negative find.
7:21 p.m. Carlisle Police assisted Concord Police with vehicle traffic at the scene of an accident at Pope Road and the Concord line.
10:56 a.m. Patrol responded to a burglar alarm from a Spencer Brook Lane residence. Doors were secured and the situation appeared okay.
9:03 p.m. A South Street resident reported hearing a noise. Patrol investigated and had a negative find.
9:56 p.m. A vehicle accident occurred on Bedford Road.
10:51 p.m. A caller reported noise from a house party on School Street. Patrol investigated and the party had broken up.
11:12 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a house lockout on Daniels Lane.
1:13 p.m. A Nowell Farme Road resident was arrested for charges stemming from a vehicle accident occurring about 10 p.m. the previous evening. Charges included operating under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of a crime, resisting arrest, and assault and battery on a police officer.
5:37 p.m. An East Street resident called the police and wanted a ride to the train station. It was determined that he had consumed too much alcohol to get to the station safely on his own and he was taken into protective custody and released a few hours later.
9:18 a.m. Patrol investigated a vehicle/motorcycle accident at Bedford and Brook Streets. The cyclist sustained minor injuries.
10:32 a.m. The operator of an NSTAR truck blocking the roadway on Virginia Farme Lane was advised.
11:39 a.m. Police provided a funeral escort on East Street.
1:58 p.m. An East Street resident reported possible vandalism.
2:15 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a lockout at one of the Church Street apartments.
9:50 p.m. The operator of a suspicious vehicle at Curve Street and the bogs was advised to move along.
6:18 a.m. A suspicious male was reported to have been let out of a cab at River and Skelton Roads. Police checked and had a negative find.
8:06 a.m. An Autumn Lane resident reported a bat in the house. The bat left on its own and patrol assistance was not required.
9 a.m. A child’s car seat was installed at the station.
9:30 a.m. Two dogs that ran off on Westford Street were found and later picked up by the owner.
1:02 p.m. Patrol investigated a burglar alarm from a Nathan Lane residence. The situation checked okay.
2:15 p.m. A speed monitor was set up on Bellows Hill Road.
4:44 p.m. A burglary was reported at a School Street residence and is under investigation.
7:40 p.m. DPW was notified of a dead deer on Bedford Road.
9:08 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on Pilgrim Path where there was a medical emergency.
12:11 p.m. Patrol conducted a street light survey.
9:30 a.m. A well-being check was made on Stearns Street and a 72-year old-man was found in his home with a gunshot wound and subsequently transported to the Lahey Clinic. The incident continues under investigation. (See story on page 17.)
10:37 a.m. The Dog Officer was notified of a dog found on River Road.
1:25 p.m. A vehicle lockout was reported at the ice cream stand on Bedford Road.
4:54 p.m. Patrol investigated an erratic driver on Concord Street. The driver checked okay but was advised.
6:50 p.m. A Bedford Road resident reported possible check fraud.
11:27 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency on Laurelwoood Drive.
12:15 p.m. Patrol conducted a street light survey.
10:01 a.m. DPW was notified of a dead raccoon at East Street and Blaisdell Drive.
10:26 a.m. Patrol investigated a suspicious vehicle reported on School Street and determined it belonged to a house cleaner.
1:45 p.m. A hit-and-run accident with property damage occurred at Bedford Road and Banta-Davis Field.
2:27 p.m. A Craigie Circle resident reported an unregistered solicitor. The individual checked okay and was advised.
2:59 p.m. The Bank of America ATM in the town center was reported not working and reported as a suspicious incident to police. The ATM site checked okay and Bank of America security was notified.
4:15 p.m. A deceased snake was reported in the East Riding Drive roadway. Patrol checked the site and had a negative find.
8:01 p.m. A missing 76-year-old male was found on Baldwin Road by a police canine from Billerica. (See story on page 5)
11:14 p.m. A noise complaint was received about a house party on Blaisdell Drive. Patrol investigated and the responsible persons were advised.
9:52 a.m. A snake was moved from the road on East Riding Drive.
8:03 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a brush fire at Brook Street and Peter Hans Road.
9:36 a.m. Patrol investigated a suspicious moving van at Concord Street and Indian Hill Road.
10:45 a.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout on North Road.
11 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency on Concord Street. ∆
12:55 a.m. Alarm investigation on Acton Street.
11 a.m. Powerlines and wires down outside on East Street.
12:34 p.m. Alarm investigation on Robbins Drive.
9:23 p.m. Medical emergency – one child transported from Cutter’s Ridge Road to Emerson Hospital.
2:50 a.m. Master Box fire alarm received from the schools on School Street.
4:15 a.m. Master Box fire alarm received from the schools on School Street.
8:45 p.m. Alarm investigation on Bedford Road.
7:31 a.m. Medical emergency. A female patient was transported from Woodland Road to Emerson Hospital.
9:55 a.m. Master Box fire alarm received from the First Religious Society on School Street.
10:06 p.m. Carbon monoxide investigation on Long Ridge Road.
12:40 p.m. Master Box fire alarm received from the First Religious Society on School Street.
8:03 p.m. Medical emergency. A male patient was transported from Autumn Lane to Emerson Hospital.
9:21 a.m. Motorcycle accident. The motorcyclist was transported from Brook Street to Emerson Hospital.
3:18 p.m. Master Box fire alarm received from the First Religious Society on School Street.
6:52 p.m. Alarm investigation on Bedford Road.
9:02 p.m. Medical emergency. Transported male patient from Pilgrim Path to Emerson Hospital.
9:43 a.m. Transported one male patient from Stearns Street to Lahey Clinic. The run ended at 12:40 p.m.
11:30 a.m. Medical emergency. One male patient was transported from Laurelwood Drive to Emerson Hospital.
11:24 a.m. A mutual aid ambulance was sent from Westford Street to Concord where one patient was transported to Emerson Hospital.
Police activity summary
266 Checks town buildings
83 House checks
35 Traffic enforcement
75 Directed activity
64 Traffic violations
17 Suspicious persons, vehicles and events
14 Residential and fire alarms
09 Traffic hazards
05 General medical
04 Assist the public
06 Traffic complaints
04 Noise disturbances
Carlisle building permit log
• 566 School Street – Stanley K. and Mary Katherine Read, f/k/a/ Mary K. Doucette, to Stanley K. and Mary Katherine Read for $1.00 on June 1.
• 161 Nathan Lane – Timothy D. A. and Jessica Donohue to Joseph M. and Jean J. Barry for $924,000 on June 1.
• 1210 Curve Street – Jannine Baker to Patrick A. and Jennifer A. Doak for $483,000 on June 8.
• 1170 Westford Street – John D. and Karen M. Manoukian to John D. Manoukian, trustee of John D. Manoukian Investment Trust, and Karen M. Manoukian, trustee of Karen M. Manoukian Investment Trust, for $1.00 on June 8.
• Westford Street, Lot A and Lot B-2 – Lawrence O. Sorli, executor of the will of Marjorie V. Sorli, to Cheryl C. Fouche and Lawrence A. Sorli, trustees of Marjorie V. Sorli Trust of 1996, for $1.00 on June 12.
• 53 Sorli Way – Willkins Hill Realty LLC to Gerard and Joanne Boucher, trustees of 2 Steeple Chase Circle Realty Trust, for $450,000 on June 12.
• 105 Berry Corner Road – Susan P. and Ralph Richard Ursch to Susan P. and Ralph Richard Ursch, trustees of 105 Berry Corner Road Nominee Trust, for $1.00 on June 15.
• 80 Nathan Lane – Henry C. Jr. and Anne M. Kleuber to Henry C. Jr. and Anne M. Kleuber, trustees of 80 Nathan Lane Realty Trust for $1.00 on June 15.
• 800 Curve Street – Mary M. Keele and Mart T. Murray to Mary M. and Stephen B. Keele for $1.00 on June 17.
• 63 Buttrick Lane – Kathleen M. and Christopher J. Sweeney to Mark and Tisha Marinella for $1,349,000 on June 19.
• 1380 Curve Street – Peter G. Alpers and Lisbeth Horner, f/k/a Lisbeth H. Alpers, to Nicole White for $408,000 on June 25.
• 26 West Street – Dennis P. and Marybeth Puddester, trustees of Puddester Real Estate Trust, to Marybeth Puddester for $1.00 on June 25.
• 10 Applegrove Lane [off West Street] – Maura P. Topol, trustee of 4B West Street Realty Trust, to Joseph Topol for $1.00 on June 29.
• 10 Applegrove Lane– Joseph P. Topol to Maura P. Topol, trustee of 4B West Street Realty Trust, for $1.00 on June 29.
• 91 Rutland Street - Peter T. and Valerie M. Traynor to Remo Tazzi and Poliana Yee for $646,250 on June 29.
• 270 Acton Street – Christopher and Nicola MacDonald to Andrea and Joshua Mills for $1,030,000 on June 29.
• 76 Pine Brook Road – James W. Jr. and Kathleen Bauer Burke, f/k/a Kathleen Bauer, to Patrick J. III and Karen M. Friel for $635,000 on June 30.
• 394 Pope Road – Damon Properties LLC to Kevin A. Williams and Jacqueline Waterman-Williams for $2,150,000 on June 30.
• 71 Cutter’s Ridge – Randy Marks to David C. and Michelle L. Coleman for $950,000 on June 30.
• 100 Stoney Gate Road – Gunars and Margareta Elmuts to Karen Fontaine and Adam Schwartz for $736,000 on June 30.
© 2009 The