Friday, July 31, 2009
A Carlisle Connection via Switzerland and Oregon
In early July, Cassandra and Demetri Maxim of Heald Road went to a summer ski racing camp on the snowfields of Mt. Hood, Oregon where their racing coach was a native of Switzerland named Heidi Gama. Heidi asked where the kids were from and they replied that they lived in a small Massachusetts town that she would have never heard of called Carlisle. Imagine everyone collective’s surprise when Heidi replied that she is married to a native of Carlisle, was married in Carlisle and knew all about the local attractions, including Kimball’s and Ferns! Heidi is married to Dan Loutrell whose parents still live on Woodridge Road and Heidi and Dan live in Switzerland. The kids loved having a little taste of home while away at camp. It goes to show you never know when you’ll run into someone from Carlisle.
• Lawrence Academy congratulates the following Carlisle students who earned honors for the spring trimester. High honors were awarded to juniors Katherine Boudreau of North Road and Danielle Pedra of Elizabeth Ridge Road. Honors went to junior Michael Hernandez of West Street and sophomore Jackson Forelli of West Street,
• Kristen Morgan of Elizabeth Ridge Road was named to the Dean’s List at Smith College for her academic achievement for the 2008-09 school year. Kristen is majoring in psychology.
• Anna Taylor Perko of Acton Street graduated from William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri with a bachelor of arts degree from the Oxbridge Institutions and Policy in Mathematics and Applied Critical Thought and Inquiry.
• Allison M. Stephens of Spencer Brook Lane, a student at the University of Minnesota, was named to the Dean’s list for the spring semester.
• Steven Lehotsky, a former Carlisle resident, has been appointed as a law clerk for 2009-2010 in the chambers of the Hon. Antonin Scalia, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. Lehotsky graduated from Lexington High School (1995) and is a graduate of Dartmouth College (1999) and Harvard Law School (2002). He was formerly a law clerk to the Hon. Douglas H. Ginsburg, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. He also practiced law at the firm of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr, LLP in Boston and Washington, D.C. From 2006 to 2009 he was an Attorney-Adviser at the Office of Legal Counsel of the United States Department of Justice.
Composting at the Carlisle School
© 2009 The Carlisle Mosquito