Friday, June 19, 2009
Congratulations recent college graduates
• Jennifer Zuk of South Street was recognized by Case Western Reserve University Interfraternity Congress and Panhellenic Council as a Creative All-Star on April 22. Zuk, a member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority, is a senior majoring in music education and cognitive
science. Zuk is also a member of Mortar Board.
Zuk has been involved in numerous musical groups on campus, including Symphonic Winds and the Case University Circle Orchestra. She traveled with the Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony to New Zealand, Australia, France and Spain. While at Case, Zuk studied how music affects the brain and will continue her studies next year as she pursues graduate work at Harvard University.
• Mark Edward Hassey of Fifty Acre Way received a bachelor of science in Finance from Fairfield University.
• Adam Vincent Piantedosi of North Road received a bachelor of arts in Psychology from Fairfield University.
• Marlow Duffy of North Road graduated from the University of Vermont with a bachelor of science in Community and International Development and a double minor in Nutrition and Food Sciences and Community Entreprenuralship. She graduated from the Honors College in the top ten per cent of her class, with distinction and was placed on the Dean’s List for spring ‘09 semester. She was a member of Alpha Zeta in the Green Mountain Chapter.
• Rachel Grean of School Street graduated cum laude from University of Richmond, Virginia, with a bachelor of arts degree in Rhetoric and Communication.
• Graduating seniors who participated in Haverford College’s commencement exercises on Sunday, May 17, were Melissa Andrews of Lowell Street, who received a bachelor of arts degree in Growth and Structure of Cities with a minor in East Asian Studies and Austin Reed of Russell Street who received a bachelor of arts degree in Political Science with a minor in Economics.
• Laura Halvorsen of Pine Brook Road received a bachelor of arts degree in Neuroscience from Hamilton College in commencement exercises on Sunday, May 24. Halvorsen graduated cum laude.
• Beth Whalley, formerly of Tophet Road, recently graduated summa cum laude from Ithaca College, earning a bachelor of arts in Sociology with a concentration in Juvenile Justice. After a year off, Beth plans to return to school and continue her focus in sociology.
• Joseph M. Winsby, formerly of Carleton Road, earned his juris doctor degree cum laude from the University of Miami (FL) Law School.
• Cornell University is pleased to announce that the following students from Carlisle graduated with the Class of 2009 during commencement ceremonies in Ithaca, New York, on May 24: Daniel Thomas Tattersall of Concord Street with a bachelor of arts in Computer Science and a bachelor of arts degree in Philosophy, Nicole Sosona Reed of Rutland Street with a bachelor of science degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration and Shir Sadan of Barnes Place with a bachelor of science degree in Policy Analysis and Management.
• Molly Crowther of Bedford Road graduated with a bachelor of science degree in Engineering: Systems Design from Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering in Needham, Massachusetts, as part of the fourth graduating class. She is the first graduate from the Concord/Carlisle area. During her four years, Molly spent a semester at the University of Tasmania in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. Molly was active in the Olin Conductorless Orchestra, Babson Women’s Rugby and Open. Molly is headed to the San Francisco Bay area after graduation.
• Annie Pauler of Judy Farm Road received a bachelor of arts degree in Business Administration and Philosophy from Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where she was a member of the Crescent Chapter Mortar Board.
• Gregory Coscia of Russell Street graduated with a bachelor of science degree in Business Administration, Accounting from Bryant College in Rhode Island.
© 2009 The Carlisle Mosquito