Friday, February 13, 2009
The Webelo printers at work
The above photograph is of our Webelo’s I, Den 1, with local Carlisle resident-artist, Loni Harvey, at our den meeting. She set up a lot of materials and showed us how to use special printmaking paint on glass with special paper and rollers. We helped her make some prints and we all got to keep one. She also showed us some of her big new work and it was awesome. Thank you, Ms. Harvey.
Photograph and article were submitted by Webelo Scouts Blake Hatch, Peter Hart, Hugh Schmidt, Reide Dion, Joseph Poirier, Owen Schmidt and Jonathan Koski. As part of their communicator requirement in their handbook, they needed to write, edit and submit something to a local newspaper.
Honors and Awards
• Victoria Abel of Lowell Street, a junior at CCHS, received Honorable Mention at the Boston Globe Scholastic Art Show in Boston on February 8.
• Kerrie Bourque of Hutchins Road, a junior at the Brimmer and May School in Chestnut Hill and captain of the girls basketball team, has amassed 134 points in seven games. Bourque has set a new Brimmer and May single game scoring record with 31 points against Greater Boston Academy.
• Sean DeBruzzi of Autumn Lane, a senior at the University of Minnesota, was named to the Dean’s List for the fall semester.
• Laura Halvorsen of Pine Brook Road has been named to the Dean’s List for the fall
semester at Hamilton College in Clinton, New York.
• Brenden Hedblom of Maple Street, Class of 2012 at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York, earned highest honors for the fall semester.
• Christine Lyons of Baldwin Road has been named to the Dean’s List for the fall semester at Northeastern University.
• Matthew J. Patterson of Maple Street, Class of 2011 at Connecticut College, has been named to the Dean’s List for the 2008 fall semester.
• Jarrett Piette of Patch Meadow Lane has been named to the fall 2008 Dean’s List at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Jarrett is currently studying audio/radio.
• Cory Robart of Wolf Rock Road has been named to the Dean’s List at Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island.
• Tyler W. Smith of Hartwell Road, a senior at St. Sebastian’s School, received High Honors for the second quarter at St. Sebastian’s School in Needham.
• Alain Bojarski of Acton Street joins the faculty of the Community Education program, “The Village University,” with a special course that will unravel the complex world of the semiconductor and how it is transforming the human experience. His four-session class, “The Technology Revolution,” meets on Tuesday from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the Harvey Wheeler Community Center in West Concord, starting March 24. Check www.ace.colonial.net for more information.
Our sympathy to . . .
Meghan O’Sullivan of School Street, who lost her mother, Marjorie O’Sullivan, 82, of Concord, Massachusetts on Saturday, January 31.
We need writers
If you like to write and want to be more involved with the town, give the Mosquito a call at 1-978-369-8313.
© 2009 The Carlisle Mosquito