Friday, January 16, 2009
Selectmen shorts, January 13
• Wind turbine bylaws. Keith Therrien presented findings of the committee developing bylaws for residential wind turbines. Based on research, he estimated that installations would be about 140’ in height and given setback restrictions will not sit comfortably on lots less than four acres. He believes in most situations such an installation could entirely eliminate annual electricity bills for a residence. He estimated noise from a neighbor’s installation should not be louder than a modern refrigerator. Residents interested in the technology and bylaw restrictions will have an opportunity to attend public meetings which will be held prior to Town Meeting.
• Dog licenses fees. The Selectmen will ask Town Meeting to increase dog license fees, though the exact amount of the increase has yet to be finalized. The state requires the town’s approval on such dog license increases.
• Garden Club meeting. The Garden Club proposes a country gardens tour on June 12 and will hold a meeting at Town Hall to discuss the matter.
• Complaint resolution. The board is considering a complaint about noise at Foss Field from dogsled activity.
• Cable Advisory Committee. The board appointed Justin Romeo of Virginia Farme Lane for a one-year term. ∆
© 2009 The