Friday, October 24, 2008
Board of Health sets annual goals
The Board of Health has developed the following informal list of annual goals for 2008:
• Regulations - continue to review and update local regulations:
- Complete revisions to Water Supply Regulations by January 2009;
- Prepare a checklist for applicants asking for waivers;
- Review policies.
• Public Health - promote a healthy community:
- Investigate joining a Mosquito Control Program;
- Provide education on Lyme Disease, West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis;
- Investigate holding a Flu Clinic using Carlisle Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteers.
• Emergency Preparedness - continue efforts on emergency response capabilities:
- Continue work with regional Public Health Initiatives;
- Continue work on Neighborhood Networks; recruit organizers; provide guidance on how to organize; set up database; provide trainings; sheltering in place; handbook.
- Provide training for MRC volunteers;
- Hold a joint drill with fire, police and emergency medical services;
- Set up HAM Radio network;
- Look into a town-wide emergency notification telephone system; obtain financing;
- Prepare and update emergency plan.
• Management and Financial Planning - work to improve customer service, budget management, and knowledge of board responsibilities.
- Pre-meeting conference with chair;
- Semi-annual review of goals;
- Prepare a fee analysis;
- Utilize website for public health information, forms and permits;
- Prepare a procedures manual for the health department. ∆
© 2008 The