Friday, October 17, 2008
Shorts from the ConsCom, Oct. 9
• Road Repaving. The Department of Public Works (DPW) on October 9 requested Conservation Commission (ConsCom) approval for repaving West, Stearns and Prospect Streets and portions of North, Rutland, River and Bedford Roads. The DPW also filed a request to install catch basins in several locations and to address a drainage problem on Stearns Street. The ConsCom approved the plans with the condition that silt barriers be used in locations where catch basins will be installed.
• 480 South Street. The continued hearing on a Notice of Intent (NOI) for the installation of a septic system, a well and associated grading at 480 South Street was addressed. The home in question is on a one-acre lot and required special conditions for the plans. The commission approved the plans with the notation that approval of the septic plan was in no way to influence or interfere with upcoming decisions that may be made by other town boards.
• 27 Maple Street. ConsCom addressed a continued hearing on a NOI for a project at 27 Maple Street. This NOI came as the result of an enforcement order. ConsCom had been informed of grading and stockpiling of soil in the buffer zone of a wetland. Work in the area has been stopped. The owner has agreed to install a fence to delineate the limit of work. Some of the planned work falls within the town’s right-of-way and the commission determined that any changes in the road easement must be approved by the DPW or the Board of Selectmen.
• Rocket launch permit. The ConsCom granted a land use permit to the Cub Scouts for a rocket launching demonstration at Foss Field on Sunday, November 2 from 11:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The rain date is November 8 or 9.
• Gas line installation. The commission heard an update on the installation of the gas line on Westford Street. The gas line installation is complete. National Grid stated that “finishing of the installation” will begin on October 13. The finish work includes: digging up and replacing patched road surfaces, cleaning road shoulders, loaming and seeding roadsides and the removal of hay bales and stockpiled materials. ∆
© 2008 The