Friday, June 27, 2008
ConsCom seeks Land Stewards
Land Stewards monitor:
• Condition of plants, animals, land and water
• Unusual sightings, such as wildlife, unique plants, nesting birds, etc.
• Condition of the structures, such as kiosks, parking lots, signs or trash barrels
• Encroachments along the property boundaries, such as dumping, altering rock walls, building new paths
• Violations, such as fires, unpermitted parties, motorized vehicle use, plant removal etc.
• Littering problems
Land Stewards may also:
• Maintain bird boxes
• Monitor invasive species
• Make kiosk information “real time” by posting information about sightings or seasonal changes.
For more information or to volunteer, e-mail: CarlisleLSC@comcast.net.
or call the conservation office at 1-978-369-0336. ∆
© 2008 The