Friday, February 9, 2007
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
8:30 a.m. A past dog bite on Stearns Street was reported.
1:18 p.m. A speed monitor was deployed at Concord Street and South Street.
3:18 p.m. Patrol investigated an animal on the ice and found a dead deer.
3:27 p.m. A 75-year-old man was reported overdue at Foss farm but later reported okay.
4:36 p.m. A resident contacted the station for legal advice.
6:46 p.m. The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident at Westford and Acton Streets was issued a citation for speeding and for not having a license in possession.
5:29 p.m. Patrol assisted a disabled vehicle at Westford and Acton Streets.
6:13 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on Nathan Lane at the scene of a water pipe break.
7:08 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on Baldwin Road at the scene of a possible chimney fire.
7:48 a.m. The speed monitor was retrieved from Concord and South Streets.
3:30 p.m. A vehicle was stopped on Westford Street and the operator arrested for operating under the influence of alcohol and bailed later in the day.
5:38 p.m. Patrol investigated a report of an erratic operator of a vehicle at River Road and the Concord line and had a negative find.
3:16 a.m. Patrol secured an open door on Westford Street.
2:10 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a fire alarm on Maple Street.
2:34 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a structure fire on South Street.
4:09 p.m. Patrol provided cover for the fire truck on Concord Street.
6:06 p.m. A vehicle creating a traffic hazard on School Street was moved.
12:39 a.m. Patrol assisted a Church Street resident with a refrigerator problem.
10:45 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency.
3:14 p.m. A resident reported possible identity theft. A suspicious e-mail was received requesting confirmation of confidential information.
7:04 p.m. A dog was reported missing in the Westford and Curve Street area.
7:07 p.m. A Wilkins Lane resident had a complaint about solicitors and was advised.
8:02 p.m. DPW was notified of slick roads.
9:00 p.m. A vehicle accident occurred on Concord Street. There was no personal injury.
9:33 p.m. A vehicle went off the roadway on Bingham Road. It was towed by the owner.
5:22 a.m. An open door at a church was secured.
19:39 p.m. Snowboarders on school property at Church Street and the Corey building were advised to leave.
1:33 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on Bingham Road where there was an electrical problem.
edited by Kathleen Coyle
6:14 p.m. A broken water pipe caused water in the basement of a Nathan Lane residence and the Fire Department responded.
7:08 a.m. Three pieces of equipment responded to a chimney/woodstove fire on Baldwin Road. The caller reported a loud, cracking noise in the chimney.
12:04 p.m. A Fire Department officer investigated an alarm received by American Alarm Company from a Sunset Road residence.
1:22 p.m. A defibrillator alarm was received from Lexington Alarm at the Carlisle School kitchen. This was a false alarm.
2:10 p.m. Engine 3 responded to Maple Street for a fire alarm received from Alarm Central. This was accidental.
2:34 p.m. Engine 3, 4, 5 and Ladder 9 with 10 firefighters and 3 officers responded to 68 South Street for a structure fire. Flames and smoke were showing on arrival. The fire went to three alarms, with a Hanscom air force base tanker, Concord engine, Acton engine and a Westford engine reporting to the fire for water and manpower. The fire got into the main building and attic and required much overhaul to extinguish. The Bedford Fire Department covered the Carlisle fire station.
3:54 p.m. The Bedford Fire Department engine responded from the Carlisle station with the Acton Fire Department ambulance to Bingham Road for a medical emergency. There was no transport.
10:47 a.m. An 86-year-old woman was transported to Emerson Hospital with a medical emergency.
9:02 p.m. Two pieces of equipment responded to a vehicle accident on Concord Road. There were no injuries.
1:34 p.m. An electrical problem was reported on Bingham Road; the investigating Fire Department officer found a charred wall.
© 2007 The