Friday, February 9, 2007
What love is . . .
Valentine's Day -- a day created for romance, roses, chocolates, diamonds, a special dinner and Hallmark cards. On February 14, romantic love will be in the air, but love is all around us every day, if we stop to look.
· Love is the gift of your time spent with a child or grandchild, when you have a million other things to do.
· Love is a hug from an old friend, or a shoulder to cry on.
· Love is the touch that says, "I understand," or "I'm sorry," or "I'm here for you."
· Love is laughing together.
· Love is a deeply felt connection between a person and a dog, a cat, a horse, and yes, even a chicken.
· "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness," said Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Giving and receiving love is one of life's greatest joys.
© 2007 The Carlisle Mosquito