Friday, September 15, 2006
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
9:25 a.m. Bear sighted on Berry Corner Road.
10:29 a.m. Bear activity was reported on Elizabeth Ridge Road.
1:41 p.m. Possible bear activity was reported on Sunset Road.
2:06 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of an alarm.
4:14 p.m. A 911 hang-up call was reported to be accidentally made by a child.
4:19 p.m. A traffic enforcement operation was started. Thirteen stops were made during the operation with the last stop made at 6:55 p.m.
7:02 p.m. A one-car accident occurred on Bedford Road where a car went into the woods.
8:04 p.m. Police investigated a complaint by a Sunset Road resident of loud noises like shots or possible fireworks.
10:40 p.m. The school area at Concord and Church Streets was patrolled.
12:46 a.m. The school area was patrolled before the first day of school.
6:34 a.m. The school area was patrolled before the first day of school.
7 a.m. The speed monitor was deployed on Church Street.
7:40 a.m. DPW was advised of a branch hanging over the road at Baldwin Road and Stearns Street.
8:07 a.m. A parking violation warning was given for parking at School Street and the Spalding Building.
9:54 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a fire alarm.
2:49 p.m. A South Street resident reported a past bear sighting.
7:14 p.m. A bear was sighted at West and South Streets.
9:01 a.m. A Daniels Lane resident reported a past bear sighting.
9:26 a.m. A vehicle was stopped at Lowell Street and the ski barn. The operator will be summonsed for operating a vehicle with a suspended license.
3:48 p.m. An Oak Knoll Road resident reported telephone threats.
6:53 a.m. The speed monitor was deployed on School Street
5:08 p.m. Patrol investigated a lifeline activation and determined it was accidental.
6:57 p.m. An East Street resident borrowed the hav-a-heart trap.
9:20 p.m. The Boxborough Police were notified that a dog registered in Boxborough had been found by a Carlisle resident who had called Carlisle police about the dog.
9:34 a.m. An Autumn Lane resident reported a past bear sighting.
12:37 p.m. Patrol made a well-being check on a resident who could not be contacted by phone, and found there were phone problems.
8:04 p.m. Patrol assisted a party with a locked gate at Bedford Road and Foss Field.
8:56 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency.
11:56 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department on River Road where wires were arcing.
7:45 a.m. Patrol investigated a report that Banta-Davis Field had been damaged and determined there was no damage.
2:36 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency.
3:05 p.m. A Lowell Street resident notified police of a construction dump. DPW was notified.
11:33 p.m. A River Road resident made a noise complaint.
11:40 p.m. The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident on Fiske Street was arrested for OUI and bailed later in the night. He will be summonsed.
edited by Kathleen Coyle
2:15 p.m. Engine 3 responded to Elizabeth Ridge Road for a fire alarm received from an alarm company. Nothing was found.
7:29 p.m. The ambulance and an engine responded to a motor vehicle accident on Bedford Road. The driver refused transport.
9:57 a.m. Engine 3 responded to Concord Road for a fire alarm received from an alarm company. This was a system malfunction.
5:08 p.m. The Fire Department responded to a lifeline activation. It was accidental.
8:57 p.m. A 76-year-old woman with a medical emergency was transported by ambulance to Emerson Hospital.
Police activity summary
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
129 Checks of town buildings and churches
34 Directed activity, radar
04 Directed activity, other
10 Residential and fire alarms
08 Suspicious persons and vehicles
05 Hang-up or abandoned 911 calls
13 Traffic enforcement stops
• 282 Autumn Lane — Geoffrey K. and Martha W. Bentley, f/k/a Martha Smith Bentley, to Geoffrey K. Bentley for $1.00 on August 2.
• 116 Estabrook Road — Arthur N. Milliken to Emily Bridwell Merz and Norma Bridwell, trustees of Autumn Nominee Trust, for $743,910 on August 3.
• 48 Tanglewood Way — Thomas P. and Betsy S. Doyle to Kianoosh Jafari for $1,845,000 on August 4.
• 546 Westford Street — Wilkins Hill Realty LLC to Lisa and Kevin M. G. Flavin for $665,000 on August 10.
• 238 Judy Farm Road — Mario A. and Celia Level Tavares, a/k/a Celia Lebel, to Mario A. Tavares for $1.00 on August 10.
• 238 Judy Farm Road — Mario A. Tavares to Mario A. and Celia Lebel Tavares for $1.00 on August 10.
• 333 Concord Street — Doris A. Larsen, trustee of D. A. Larsen Trust No. 1, to Frank and Karen Pfaultz DeSimone for $560,000 on August 15.
• 36 Aberdeen Drive - Gregory T. and Tatyana White, a/k/a Tatyana M. Bolotnikov, to Gregory T. and Tatyana White for $1.00 on August 16.
• 662 Bedford Road — David R. and Donna J. Duren to Molly E. and Bryan B. Sorrows for $488,000 on August 16.
• 303 Brook Street — Edward A. and Scott G. Jenney to Scott G. Jenney for $1.00 on August 16.
• 38 Evergreen Lane — Patrice S. and Rhonda Penaud to Wenwu and Lucia Gao for $690,000 on August 16.
• 26 Hemlock Hill Road — John M. Teppedino and Elizabeth Bradsteet Wilcox to Massachusetts Residential Nominee Services LLC, trustee of National Residential Nominee Services Trust, for $737,500 on August 21.
• 26 Hemlock Hill Road - Massachusetts Residential Nominee Services LLC, trustee of National Residential Nominee Services Trust, to Shunguang Wang and Liying Song for $702,000 on August 21.
• 193 Cross Street — Bentley Building Corp. to James G. and Kathryn F. Boudreau for $1,499,000 on August 22.
• 27 Old East Street — Terry S. Holsinger to Terry S. and Ronald F. Holsinger for $1.00 on August 23.
• Bedford Road, Lot E — Carolyn S. and Richard M. Shohet to Richard M. Shohet for $1.00 on August 29.
• 190 Heald Road — Dale Lee Izatt and Amy Jane Izatt to Dale L. Izatt, trustee of Dale L. Izatt Marital Trust, and to Amy J. Izatt, trustee of Amy J. Izatt Marital Trust, for $1.00 on August 29.
• 219 Hutchins Road — Dennis R. and Linda A. Chateauneuf to Timothy and Moira Kay Ravenscroft for $1,512,000 on August 31.
© 2006 The