Friday, December 9, 2005
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
8:01 a.m. A suspicious vehicle parked near a River Road house was determined to be a disabled car. The home owner was so advised.
9:30 a.m. A deer was reported to have been hit at Nowell Farme Road and Suffolk Lane.
10 a.m. DPW was advised of trash dumping at West Street and Pope Road.
9:47 p.m. A deer was reported to have been hit on Westford Street. Patrol had a negative find.
11:45 a.m. A vehicle was stopped by the traffic enforcement officer and the driver subsequently was arrested.
3:34 p.m. An unattended baby was reported to be in a vehicle parked at Church Street and the Wilkins Building. Patrol investigated and found the mother was present.
4:37 p.m. A homeowner was concerned because of a person shooting on her property. Patrol investigated and informed the homeowner there was no violation of town bylaws since the person reported to be shooting was over 500 feet away from her house and on his own property.
8:30 a.m. A two-car accident occurred at Bedford Road and Foss Way when a vehicle exited the animal hospital going the wrong way on Foss Way and was struck by a vehicle traveling east on Bedford Road. Both operators were taken to the hospital and subsequently released. The Police Department subsequently installed additional signage on Bedford Road
8:33 a.m. A "Click It or Ticket" traffic enforcement operation began. Eleven vehicles were stopped between 8:33 and 11:15 a.m.
7:18 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a medical emergency.
12:08 p.m. A construction crew in the roadway on East Street was advised to move.
12:41 p.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of a carbon monoxide alarm on Evergreen Lane.
1:06 p.m. A tow truck blocking the roadway on River Road was advised to move.
2 p.m. A vehicle was stopped on Westford Street and the operator arrested for operating without a license and failure to display front plates.
12:10 p.m. A riderless horse on North Road checked okay.
3:32 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene on South Street where a vehicle had gone off the road.
7:48 p.m. A vehicle accident without injuries was reported on Lowell Street.
11:25 p.m. Patrol secured an open door at the First Religious Society.
11:57 a.m. Patrol assisted the Fire Department at the scene of an odor investigation on Acton Street.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
10:46 a.m. Bedford Fire Department requested an engine for station coverage.
8:40 a.m. Multiple callers reported a two-car accident at Bedford Road and Foss Way.
10:53 p.m. An alarm investigation was conducted on Westford Street.
7:18 a.m. An elderly male having chest pains was taken to Emerson Hospital by ambulance. ALS assisted at the scene.
12:41 p.m. An Evergreen Lane caller reported the CO meter was reading high.
12:51 p.m. A resident was taken to the hospital with possible carbon monoxide symptoms.
5:35 p.m. A Milne Cove Road resident reported wires arcing.
11:57 a.m. An Acton Street caller reported the smell of gas in the street.
• 5 Rocky Point Road, Building 3, Unit F [Laurel Hollow]- MKCKMK LLC to Eva O'Keefe for $750,000 on November 1.
• 623 School Street - Mark and Suzanne F. Struss to Liza B. and Travis J. Snell for $770,152.50 on November 1.
• 87 Woodland Road - Michael J. and Gayle H. Oulighan, f/k/a Gayle H. Nix, to Michael J. Oulighan for $1.00 on November 3.
• 87 Woodland Road - Michael J. Oulighan to Michael J. and Gayle H. Oulighan for $1.00 on November 3.
• 383 Russell Street - Lemonias Development Co., Inc. to Richard F. and Louise R. Begley for $1,691,987.80 on November 4.
• 142 Bedford Road - Carolyn F. Robinson, executrix under the will of Beverly A. Porter, to Pinnacle Partners LLC for $345,000 on November 8.
• 151 Bedford Road - Deborah Schwartz to Deborah Schwartz, trustee of Schooner Realty Trust, for $1.00 on November 9.
• Off Tophet Road, Lots 79 and 80 - James P. Byrne, trustee of J. B. Realty Trust, to Raymond J. Ciccolo, trustee of Carlisle Road Realty Trust, for $830,000 on November 14.
• 126 East Riding Drive - Thomas Melanson to Barbara R. Melanson for $1.00 on November 17.
• 72 Brook Street - Howard F. Cohn to Howard F. and Susan P. Cohn for $1.00 on November 23.
• 68 Church Street - John H. O'Connor Jr. to John H. O'Connor Jr. and Jenifer L. Bush for $1.00 on November 29.
• 128 Robbins Drive - Rafael and Jean Castro to Thomas A. Deakins and Carol A. Nathan for $520,000 on November 29.
© 2005 The