Friday, December 9, 2005
Daniel Parker Loutrel weds Heidi Gamma
Heidi Gamma and Dan Loutrel were married on the afternoon of July 1 at Towle Field in Carlisle. The Rev. Timothy Jensen performed the ceremony in a small gathering of family and friends.
Heidi is the daughter of Karl and Alice Gamma of Andermatt, Switzerland. Dan is the son of Stephen and Elizabeth Loutrel of Woodridge Road, Carlisle. Heidi and Dan met through a mutual friend, Osito, who is a big white dog with pointed ears.
Following a honeymoon kite-surfing and rock-climbing in Oregon and Washington, Heidi and Dan moved into an old house in Andermatt, a small alpine village. In Andermatt they are working on establishing their new business, Birdos Freeride Skis, specializing in designing and producing skis for new-school riding. Heidi also works as a ski instructor, and in their spare time they escape into the mountains for some fun.
Josephine Yelena Donnelly
Richard Donnelly and Tanya Donnelly of Maynard announce the birth of their daughter, Josephine Yelena, on November 4. Proud grandparents are Jean and Joe Donnelly of Carlisle and Petro and Natalia Wolfchuk of Zboriv, Ukraine.
Kevin Whitney named Director of Nursing Services at Emerson Hospital
Kevin Whitney, RN, MA, CNAA, of Chelmsford, was appointed to the new position of Director of Nursing Services at Emerson Hospital on December 1. Whitney, who recently received certification in nursing administration advanced (CNAA), has worked at Emerson for 15 years, assuming progressively more responsible roles, including paramedic, staff RN, associate nurse manager, nurse manager and now his current role as Director of Nursing Services.
Whitney received his bachelor's degree in Nursing from the University of Massachusetts in Lowell, and last year he completed his master's degree in Health Care Administration at Framingham State College. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Organization of Nurse Executives. He had been the Nurse Manager of Emergency Services since January 2002.
Due to a typographical error, the private haulers' trash disposal fee at the North Andover waste incinerator was listed incorrectly last week. The rate is approximately $66 per ton, slightly higher than the $64 per ton Carlisle pays.
Carlisle students on the Fenn School honor roll
The Fenn School of Concord announces its honor roll for the first term.
• Academic high honors and Sua Sponte honors: Oliver Stephenson, Christian Wesselhoeft
• Academic high honors: Michael A. Hernandez, Samuel R. Petrie
• Academic honors and Sua Sponte honors: Stephen Lerner
• Academic honors: Edward Cao, Matthew G. Carroll, Theodore P. Swift
• Sua Sponte honors: Hunter Moskowitz
Fenn's motto, Sua Sponte, means "on one's own responsibility." Sua Sponte honors and high honors reflect the extent to which a student accepts responsibility for his own learning, based on an assessment of three specific areas: preparation, engagement and conduct.
CCHS students named to Dual County League All Star teams
Listed below are the 2005 Fall Season athletes at Concord-Carlisle High School who were named to the First or Second Dual County League All Star Teams this past season. Carlisle students' names appear in bold print.
• Melissa Hinton earned straight As for the fall term at Worcester Polytechnic Institute where she is a senior in civil engineering.
• At the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony held on the Green in Carlisle Center on December 5, a group of talented young musicians entertained the crowd in Union Hall immediately following the ceremony. They were Chris Marks, Allie Blair, Sydney Cusack, Tommy Veitch, Ben Parra, Ryan Symonds, Caroline Howe, Lucy King, Sydney Callahan, Alex Kinmoth, Tim Lamere and Katie Innamorati.
• Andrew K. Mostello of Kimball Road, a junior in the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill., has been inducted into Eta Kappa Nu (HKN), the official Electrical and Computer Engineering Honor Society which recognizes select individuals for their academic excellence, exceptional character and leadership abilities. Andrew is a 2003 graduate of Concord-Carlisle High School.
© 2005 The Carlisle Mosquito