Friday, October 7, 2005
Alice M. Andreassen weds
William R. Watt II
Alice Andreassen, daughter of Carl Andreassen and the late Sarah Andreassen of Cross Street, wed William R. Watt II, son of Dr. and Mrs. William Watt of Canton, Ohio on Sunday, May 29, 2005.
The ceremony was held at the New Castle Congregational Church in New Castle, New Hampshire, at 5 p.m. The candlelit ceremony performed by Dr. William Watt (father of the groom) was followed by an evening reception at The Wentworth-by-the-Sea Hotel.
The couple has relocated to San Jose, California, and plan on honeymooning in Hawaii.
Madeleine Page Smack
Kent and Amy Smack of Red Pine Drive are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter Madeleine Page, born September 17 at Mount Auburn Hospital. Proud grandparents are Chuck Wettergreen of Haverhill, Brenda Wettergreen of Reading and Dave and Carol Smack of Clinton, New Jersey.
• Tedford Armistead of North Road will appear in the Theater III presentation of The Music Man, opening this weekend in Acton. Armistead sings lead in the show's barbershop quartet and plays several small roles. Performances are October 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 and 22 at 8 p.m. and October 16 at 3 p.m. For tickets, visit www.theater3.org or call 1-978-263-9070.
• David Nurenberg, CCHS English teacher, has published The Fragile Light, a science fiction novel, which was released in the spring. It is a self-published book released through Xlibris. Nurenberg will be speaking and signing books at the Concord Bookshop on Wednesday, October 19, at 4 p.m.
• The town-owned Benfield Land is located off South Street, not School Street.
• The Carlisle School Association is considering financial support for a Chinese New Year's Celebration during this school year. The Carlisle Education Foundation is not currently involved, as was previously reported.
• In the past 32 years, Jim and Lynn DeMott have raised $250,000 (not $125,000) for charitable organizations in need of the Concord Trinitarian Church's assistance and support.
Our sympathy to. . .
Janet L. Handley-Veves and her husband Arthur J. Veves of Rockland Road, on the death of Janet's brother, Harold Edward Handley II, 59, of Apple Valley, California on September 23.
The Sandwen family of Suffolk Lane on the death of Lee's father Leroy Sandwen, 84, of Annandale, Virginia, who died on Thursday, September 29.
© 2005 The Carlisle Mosquito