Friday, June 24, 2005
Cultural Council seeks new members and grant applications
The Carlisle Cultural Council is currently seeking new members to join a small but dedicated group committed to supporting the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences in Carlisle. The committee meets four to six times a year to evaluate grant applications and plan for cultural activities. Committee members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen. If you are interested in getting more involved in the cultural life in Carlisle, contact Elissa Abruzzo 1-978-287-4811 for more information.
The Cultural Council is also seeking grant applications for 2006. The Carlisle Cultural Council awards small grants (average grants are $250-$400) to individuals and organizations that provide a unique cultural experience to a broad spectrum of the citizens of Carlisle. The Council funds grants in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences. Funding to support this program comes from the Massachusetts Cultural Council as well as local fundraising.
The Council is particularly interested in proposals that:
• explore art forms such as visual arts, music, dance, theater, storytelling, poetry and literature;
• engage the community in nature, and environmental education projects;
• introduce cultural traditions from around the world,
• have a direct relationship to the town,
• propose a collaborative effort by Carlisle organizations.
An application form is available at: www.massculturalcouncil.org/programs/lccgrants.html.
© 2005 The Carlisle Mosquito