Friday, March 18, 2005
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
10:13 a.m. An Ice Pond Road resident reported a loud banging noise outside. Police investigated and had a negative find. The same party called about an hour later about a noise inside, and again patrol investigated and had a negative find.
11:17 a.m. An SOR (sex offender register) inquiry was made at the police station.
3:45 p.m. A vehicle accident occurred on West Street. There were no personal injuries and the car was winched out.
5:39 p.m. A vehicle hit a telephone pole on Concord Street.
5:56 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of an alarm investigation on Concord Street.
9:23 p.m. A vehicle became stuck off to the side at the bottom of Suffolk Lane. It was winched out.
10:42 p.m. Patrol assisted Bedford Police by blocking the road while they dealt with a vehicle accident on Bedford Road.
10:53 p.m. A disabled vehicle was off the road on Westford Street.
5:24 p.m. Patrol assisted a Concord Street resident with a power problem caused by vehicle damage to a nearby pole.
7:22 p.m. Patrol assisted a utility company at the Concord Street site of the item reported above.
8:40 a.m. A Timothy Lane resident reported a lost cell phone and the report was logged.
1:46 p.m. A wedding band found in the Clark Room at the Town Hall was turned over to the Town Administrator for safekeeping.
7:51 p.m. Patrol responded to alarm activation at an Acton Street residence. The building was secure and the homeowner notified.
3:52 p.m. A two-car accident occurred at Brook Street and Peter Hans Road. There were no personal injuries.
6:53 p.m. A vehicle was reported stuck in a snow bank on Indian Hill Road. Patrol had a negative find.
8:12 a.m. There was a two-car accident at Concord Street and Palmer Way, with no personal injuries.
12:18 p.m. A vehicle went into a ditch on Westford Street. There was a personal injury and transportation to the hospital was provided by the fire department.
3:51 p.m. A two-car accident occurred at Westford and Acton Streets. There were no personal injuries. Westford Police responded, as the accident was determined to be in Westford.
6:40 p.m. A two-car accident occurred at Westford Street and the flats. Both vehicles were gone when Carlisle Police patrol arrived.
10:22 a.m. A transformer fire was reported on Wolf Rock Road.
1:25 a.m. Wires were arcing on River Road.
1:58 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a possible wire fire at Curve and Fiske Streets.
2:10 p .m. A disabled vehicle at Curve and Fiske Streets was waiting for AAA.
11:31 p.m. Gary Davis was notified of icy roads in Carlisle.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
5:53 p.m. A Concord Street homeowner reported alarm activation.
12:24 p.m. Westford Police requested assistance from the Carlisle Fire Department for a vehicle accident with personal injury. The injured person was transferred to the hospital.
12:23 a.m. A Wolf Rock Road caller reported a transformer on fire.
1:25 a.m. A River Road caller reported arcing wires.
1:58 p.m. A caller reported branches on the wires on fire at Curve and Fiske Streets.
Police Activity Summary
121 Checks town buildings and churches
31 House checks
52 Directed activity, radar
30 Traffic violations
11 Residential and other alarms
7 Vehicle accidents
4 Disabled vehicles
• 271 Russell Street - Christian E. and Polly K. Meyer to Aline Z. and Kenneth James Martinian for $528,000 on February 1.
• 661 Autumn Lane - James M. and Marillyn F. DeMott to James M. DeMott, trustee of James M. DeMott Trust, and Marillyn F. DeMott, trustee of Marillyn F. DeMott Trust, for $1.00 on February 8.
• 681 South Street - Nancy H. and Timothy Fohl to Nancy H. Fohl for $1.00 on February 11.
• 59 Rutland Street - Charles P. and Patricia D. Eastman to Nicola Morbelli for $529,900 on February 16.
• 100 Aldershot Lane - Elizabeth C. Barber to Elizabeth C. Barber, trustee of Elizabeth C. Barber 2005 Revocable Trust, for $1.00 on February 16.
• 108 Hemlock Hill Road - Cecilia R. and John E. Innella to Cecilia R. and John E. Innella, trustees of 108 Hemlock Hill Road Nominee Trust, for $1.00 on February 24.
• 43 Partridge Lane - Jacqueline M. Simkin to Christopher K. and Nathalie A. Lestage for $800,000 on February 28.
© 2005 The