Friday, March 11, 2005
Kelly Harvey weds Richard Lawler
Bob and Winnie Harvey announce the marriage of their daughter Kelly Lynn Harvey to Richard Cushing Lawler on a beautiful wintry evening, February 11, in the Harvey home at 16 Stoney Gate in Carlisle. The bride is a graduate of Concord-Carlisle High School and of Mass Bay Community College. The groom is a graduate of Framingham High School and Framingham State College.
Kelly is a registered nurse working in the ER at Milford Regional Medical
Center and Richard is a sales representative of Adassa in Framingham.
The couple now resides in Framingham.
· Bob and Ann Burnham skied Sunday's 50-kilometer classic
technique race from Great Glen Nordic Ski Center (Pinkham Notch area
of Mt. Washington) over Jefferson Notch with the finish at the Bretton
Woods Nordic Ski Area. Ann was the fifteenth woman overall and Bob the
Midge Eliassen skied the 50-kilometer skating technique race held Saturday at the Rangeley Lakes Ski Club in Rangeley, Maine. Over 700 cross-country skiers challenged themselves on the 25- or 50-kilometer courses.
The same weekend, Jim Burnham, son of Bob and Ann, raced in the New England J2 (14- and 15-year-olds) Carnival at Carrabasset Valley, Maine (Sugarloaf). He skied races in both techniques as part of the weekend competition for those who qualified for the championships during the winter season in their own districts.
· Elizabeth "Beth" Cameron, former co-host of KISS 108-FM's "Matty in the Morning," has been named Development Coordinator at ResearchILD in Lexington. Heard round the world in voice-overs, Cameron brings her expertise in educational media and technology to ResearchILD, where she will coordinate events and fundraisers.
Cameron grew up in Carlisle on School Street.
ResearchILD is a not-for-profit educational and research organization that is committed to the development and dissemination of research-based educational strategies to create pathways to success for all learners.
Carlisle students named to fall Dean's Lists:
· Nicole Babine of Oak Knoll Road at Syracuse University
· Derrick W. Hwu of Tophet Road at Tufts University
· Colin W. Green of Hartwell Road at Tufts University
· Melanie C. McCandless of Hemlock Hill Road at Tufts University
· Thomas Schuller of Hartwell Road at Clark University
· Samuel J. Gould of Pine Brook Road at Connecticut College
· Caleb Hsieh of Litchfield Drive at Northwestern University
· Stephanie Holleman of Shady Brook Lane at Westfield State College
· Mark Smith of Elizabeth Ridge Road at Westfield State College
· Kristin Bergstrom of Orchard Acres Drive at Tulane University
· Jennifer Patricia Connors of Ember Lane at Gettysburg College
· Sarah Jane Spence of Carroll Drive at Gettysburg College
· Trevor Bush of West Street at Syracuse University
· Laura Baumgartner of Woodridge Road at Syracuse University
· Brita K. Bero of Hartwell Farm Road at Boston University
· Marie A. Bilotta of Nathan Lane at Middlesex Community College
· Jason Trainor of Rutland Street at Middlesex Community College
· Keri M. Rouse of Westford Street at Middlesex Community College
· Daniel J. Harkins of Virginia Farme Lane at Middlesex Community College
· Katherine Kiezulas of Concord Street at Middlesex Community College
· Elizabeth Orlando of Autumn Lane at Sacred Heart University.
Private School students named to honor roll:
· Lindsay Ventura of Concord Street at Newton Country Day School
· Kyra Prats of River Road at Newton Country Day School
· Katherine Puffer of Rutland Street at Brimmer and May Middle School
· Jess Petrie of Baldwin Road at Governor Dummer Academy
· Thomas Brennan of Bedford Road, a junior at St. Sebastian's School in Needham, placed fifth out of 44 speakers at the annual St. Sebastian's School Debate Tournament on February 27.
© 2005 The Carlisle Mosquito