Friday, February 18, 2005
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
7:30 a.m. The owner of a license plate found at Lowell Street and the Chelmsford line was contacted.
1:16 p.m. A SOR (Sex Offender Registry) inquiry was made at the station.
3:58 p.m. A SOR request was made at the station. [See editor's note below]
8:15 a.m. A car seat was installed at the station.
9:41 a.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout on Prospect Street.
10:49 a.m. NStar was advised of a tree on the power lines at Lowell Street and the Chelmsford line.
2:40 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a lifeline activation. An 88-year-old woman was taken to the hospital with a hip injury.
1:46 p.m. A tree fell on wires on Carlisle Pines Drive. NStar was notified and was enroute.
4:06 p.m. A 911 call made by a child was confirmed accidental.
6:41 p.m. A vehicle accident occurred at Lowell Street and Sunset Road. There were no injuries.
6:53 p.m. A vehicle off the road on Lowell Street caused another vehicle to stall and block traffic.
8:12 pm. A vehicle hit a DPW vehicle at Westford Street and Virginia Farme Lane.
11:35 p.m. A tree fell, blocking the roadway at Concord Street and the Concord line.
3 a.m. Verizon and Comcast were notified of wires down on Estabrook Road.
3:03 a.m. NStar was notified of trees on the wires on Pheasant Hill Lane.
4:22 a.m. A tree blocking the roadway on West Street was removed by DPW.
6:24 a.m. NStar was advised of a wire on the roadside on Judy Farm Road.
6:52 a.m. NStar was advised of a branch on the wires on Church Street.
8:19 a.m. A suspicious motor vehicle was determined to belong to a Concord woman who was stopped and arrested for newspaper theft.
5:06 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout on East Street.
7:41 p.m. A suspicious teenager on North Road checked okay.
11:04 p.m. A Concord resident was arrested for DUI on Concord Road after crashing through a guard rail and ending up in a snowbank.
1:17 p.m. Patrol investigated a report of a vehicle in a snowbank on Westford Street and had a negative find.
2:33 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a lockout at Lowell Street and the state park office.
3:44 p.m. A two-car accident occurred at Morse Road and the transfer station.
5:47 p.m. Patrol investigated a report of possible trespassing at South and West Streets. The situation checked okay.
11:02 p.m. A door was kicked in at the swap shed at the transfer station. The incident is under investigation.
Ed. note: The Sex Offender Registry is a public document which may be seen by going to the police station and signing a request. There have been no recent additions to the SOR. Recent requests reported in this column do not reflect any change in the SOR.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
2:41 p.m. EMTs responded to a lifeline activation from an 88-year-old woman who fell and injured her hip. She was taken to Emerson Hospital by ambulance.
4:43 a.m. A man with severe abdominal pain was taken to the hospital.
Police Activity Summary
126 Checks town buildings and churches
64 Directed activity, radar
48 Traffic violations
8 Suspicious persons or vehicles
5 Disabled vehicles
5 Safety hazards
4 Vehicle accidents
Real estate transfers - January 2005
• 951 North Road - Carole A. Ackerman and Peter A. Carle to Julianne B. Schuerhoff for $772,500 on January 4.
• 732 West Street - Daniel W. Doherty and Donald A. Munroe, co-executors under the will of Fred A. Rundlett, to Philip B. Graham and Robert Robert Martinez for $730,000 on January 7.
• Carriage Way, Lot 2 - William Costello, trustee of William Costello Realty Trust, to Paul H. Gallagher for $498,500 on January 7.
• 43 Prospect Street - Beverly H. Earle and John H. Sloan, trustees of Red Gables Trust, to Robert W. Balazy and Alyson Becker for $1,175,000 on January 12.
• 126 Buttrick Lane - Landwest, Inc. to Beaufort B. and David E. Butler for $1,288,666 on January 13.
• 96 Great Brook Path, Lot F - Betsy Ellen Goldenberg and Albert Ira Gould, trustees of Great Brook Realty Trust II, to Shelli V. and Stephen D. Kendig for $525,000 on January 13.
• 960 North Road - Catherine and Paul Farrell to Relocation Advantage, LLC for $880,000 on January 14.
• 960 North Road - Relocation Advantage, LLC to Denise A. and Victor M. Nyman for $880,000 on January 14.
• 745 East Street - Kurt G. Benedict to John W. and Patricia M. Koenitzer for $785,000 on January 21.
• 143 Fiske Street, Lot 1 and Parcel X - Hans R. and Lorraine D. Hrasna to Hans R. and Lorraine D. Hrasna, trustees of 143 Fiske Street Realty Trust, for $1.00 on January 25.
• 192 Log Hill Road - Brenda and Krishin H. Bhavnani to Krishin H. Bhavnani for $1.00 on January 26.
© 2005 The