Friday, January 7, 2005
Shorts from MAGIC, December 9
• MAGIC, the Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination, reviewed proposed expansion of the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy in Stow. Because it was "sketchy," the proponent subsequently withdrew it, so MAGIC will not comment at this time.
• The next round of Suburban Mobility funding has been announced with a January 18 deadline for letters of interest. Information will be available soon at www.BostonMPO.org.
• Helen Lemoine presented a "Home@Last" video and Powerpoint presentation, spurring discussion of how local leaders can help residents better understand the benefits that affordable housing brings to their towns and take steps to increase production of high- quality affordable housing.
• In their "Community Exchange," representatives of MAGIC towns updated each other on local activities, including progress under new inclusionary zoning and mixed-use bylaws, hiring of new planners, and status of 40B proposals.
• Next: special morning meeting on planning issues, Monday, January 24, 9 a.m. Location TBA. Target participants: planners, planning board members, MAPC (Metropolitan Area Planning Council) and MAGIC reps, and other local officials.
© 2005 The