Friday, December 10, 2004
Notes from the Buzz
• Middle School Options. On Wednesday, December 15, the Carlisle School Committee meeting will include a presentation of the options being considered for next year's middle school structure. This topic may be of particular interest to parents whose children will be in grades 6, 7 and 8 next school year.
• School picture retakes. MacLean-Stevens Studio, the school photographer, will return to Carlisle on Friday, December 17 to retake school pictures. Any family whose child was absent on picture day, of who received unsatisfactory pictures, is asked to call the school's main office at 1-978-369-6550 to schedule a retake. Note that the child must have with him or her on the retake day either the original order form with payment enclosed (if it is a case of absence) or the entire picture packet (if it is a case of dissatisfaction.)
• CSA Skating Party. The second annual Carlisle School Association skating party will be held on December 15 (a school professional day) from 10 a.m. to noon at the Middlesex School. Bring skates (no rentals available) and helmets. For the safety of all skaters, please leave hockey sticks and pucks at home. Admission is $5, and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Dress warmly, including gloves.
• Husky Handbooks. Extra Husky Handbooks are still available. Call Nina Anton at 1-978-369-8466 to purchase a copy.
• Box Tops reminder. When shopping online for holiday gifts remember to shop through BoxTops4Education.com to help the Carlisle school earn extra cash. Also, keep clipping Box Top for Education coupons on participating food packages. Box tops can be left in the collection box in the main office.
• SchoolPop shopping. When shopping online through www.schoolpop.com part of every purchase at the site's 250+ participating merchants will go to the school.
• CSA website. Check out information on upcoming Carlisle School Association events by accessing the school web site. Choose "Community" and click on "Carlisle School Association."
© 2004 The