Friday, October 1, 2004
CSC adopts goals for 2004-05
The Carlisle School Committee (CSC) voted on September 22 to adopt district goals for 2004-2005. Goals in place state, "It is our shared and deeply held belief that our students and our entire school community must embrace the concept of civility" and "continue to support the Diversity Task Force...."
New goals are comprehensive and include every aspect of the school curriculum and student life. A partial list includes:
• A review of the mathematics curriculum and work to define the role of the new Math specialist, Liz Perry.
• The reexamining of the History of Carlisle unit and as CSC member Michael Fitzgerald mentioned, "collaboration with the Town of Carlisle as it celebrates its 200th year in February 2005."
• A review of the science curriculum and the possibility of including partnerships and science connections with universities and medical facilities in the curriculum.
• The expansion of the world language program, maybe incorporating the Chinese language and culture into the curriculum.
• The ways to increase community awareness of the fine arts program in the school.
• The feasibility of initiating a fourth-grade keyboarding program.
• The opportunities to integrate technology in the curriculum.
• The examination of the "Open Circle" student program.
• The review of future facility needs as requested by the Carlisle Finance Committee.
© 2004 The