Friday, April 23, 2004
Shorts from the Planning Board, April 12
• Proposed tennis courts at Banta-Davis. The Board informally reviewed a revised site plan presented by the Carlisle Recreation Commission (RecCom) for the construction of tennis courts at the Banta-Davis Recreation Area on Bedford Road. Addressing the drainage issue cited by the board at an earlier meeting, the new plans call for the construction of a stone infiltration trench on two sides of the tennis courts to catch any run-off. The board also suggested that the plan include the location of a crosswalk and any speed bumps to be placed in the roadway. The board will send these recommendations to the Board of Selectmen.
• Accessory apartment approved at 252 Brook Street: After voting at its last meeting to approve Vreg and Bonnie Yousefian's request for a special permit to construct an accessory apartment at 252 Brook Street, the Board gave its approval to the Yousefians' filing of this decision, which can be recorded at the Registry of Deeds after a 20-day appeal period.
• Approval of 143-159 Fiske Street ANR Plan. The Board gave its endorsement to an ANR Plan (Approval Not Required) filed by Dorothy Cerankowski of Fiske Street, who was facilitating a land swap with her neighbor after it was discovered that a portion of her driveway lay on her neighbor's property. The board agreed that the plan conforms to Carlisle zoning bylaws and requires no special permit.
• Approval of Cross Street ANR Plan. The board endorsed an ANR Plan filed by Regina Costello, Trustee of the Carriage Estates Trust, for the division of Lot 4 located at Cross Street, Parcel 21, Map 7 into two lots.
• Approval of South Street ANR Plan. The Planning Board gave its endorsement to an Approval Not Required (ANR) Plan filed by Ben Benfield for the creation of a 2.1 acre buildable parcel from Lot 1B at South Street, Parcel 48, Map 5.
© 2004 The