Friday, March 12, 2004
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
10:50 A Hemlock Hill resident reported a loud noise. Patrol had a negative find.
11:45 a.m. An unknown vehicle operator called in to report an erratic driver on West Street. Patrol subsequently arrested a New Hampshire resident for OUI. The operator was brought to the station, booked, and taken to the district court later that afternoon.
12:31 p.m. A sex offender inquiry was made at the station.
3:29 p.m. An Indian Hill resident reported a possible intruder. Patrol checked and found a workman outside.
9:26 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a medical emergency.
11:07 a.m. A Meals on Wheels driver reported an elderly female on the floor. He notified dispatch and she was taken to the hospital.
12:30 p.m. A sick raccoon on Concord Street was put down.
4:22 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a smoke detector alarm on Aldershot Lane.
9:03 a.m. A speed monitor was set up on Lowell Street.
1:30 p.m. A found license plate was returned to its owner on Concord Street.
4:09 p.m. A Chelmsford school bus was hit by a car at Lowell Street and Proctor Road in Carlisle. No one was injured. There was no citation.
1:07 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a medical emergency.
5:35 p.m. A Bedford Road resident reported a suspicious vehicle and a possible attempted breaking and entering.
11:58 a.m. A Bedford Road caller reported a suspicious vehicle. Patrol found the situation checked okay; it was a customer.
1:26 p.m. A resident came to the station to be fingerprinted.
9 a.m. A child's car seat was installed at the station.
11:29 a.m. A 911 emergency call from the elevator phone at the library was confirmed to be accidental.
7:02 p.m. A tree blocking the roadway at Concord Street and Buttrick Lane was removed by patrol.
10:31p.m. An Old North Road resident reported a vehicle driving in Great Brook field. Patrol found kids from Chelmsford turfing.
9:14 a.m. There was a power outage on Sunset Drive.
10 a.m. Patrol assisted NStar with traffic at Lowell Street and Sunset Road.
4 p.m. A child's car seat was installed at the station.
11:39 p.m. An erratic operator at East Street and Woodbine Road was called in by an off-duty police officer. A Nashua, N.H. woman was arrested by patrol, taken to the station and bailed later in the day.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
9:27 p.m. A 40-year-old woman who was feeling ill was taken to the hospital.
11:09 a.m. A 79-year-old woman fell and was taken to Emerson Hospital.
4:22 p.m. An alarm company reported smoke detector activation at an Aldershot Lane residence.
1:05 p.m. A 21-year-old man was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a possible broken leg.
11:55 a.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at an East Street residence.
Police Activity Summary
27 Checks town buildings and churches
15 House checks
11 Selective enforcement
51 Directed activity, radar
28 Traffic violations
15 Residential alarms
5 Other alarms
6 Traffic complaints
5 Abandoned or hang up 911 calls
• 211 Bellows Hill Road - Diane and Peter T. George to Diane George for $100 on February 4.
• 534 Concord Street - Charles G. and Karen G. Dyer, trustees of the Dyer Family Trust, to George Dyer for $1 on February 4.
• 60 Aaron Way - Richard N. and Judy L. Spann to Richard N. Spann for $1 on February 11.
• 32 Suffolk Lane - Radia Perlman to Jason R. and Katie C. Jenkins for $844,000 on February 13.
• 302 Lowell Street - Michael J. Kenny to MKCKMK, LLC. for $495,000 on February 19.
• 126 Carroll Drive - Lionel A. and Susan Williams, f/k/a Susan J. Lowell, to Lionel A. and Susan Williams for $1 on February 19.
• Hutchins Road, Barnes Place and Kimball Road - John M. Swanson and William Costello, trustees of Tall Pines Realty Trust, to the Town of Carlisle for $1 on February 20.
© 2004 The