Friday, March 5, 2004
Minutman Regional High School honor roll
• University of Redlands senior diver Luke Bagnaschi was named the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Swimming and Diving Male Athlete of the Year, it was announced Monday. The award comes on the heels of Redlands' fourth consecutive men's team conference title at the SCIAC Championship Meet last weekend at Cerritos. On Tuesday, Bagnaschi was named the conference's Male Athlete of the Week for February 16-22, the second time this season he has been awarded that honor. Student athletes are nominated by the Sports Information Directors of the conference, who then vote for the top performers of the week.
Bagnaschi of Evergreen Lane won both the 1-meter and 3-meter dive events for the fourth consecutive year. His scores of 452.25 in the 1-meter event and 475.35 in the 3-meters each outpaced his nearest competitor by more than 45 points. The wins capped an undefeated dual-meet season for Bagnaschi in which he once again qualified for the NCAA National Championships, to be held Thursday, March 18 through Saturday, March 20 in St. Louis, Missouri.
Carlisle students named to honor rolls
• For the second quarter of the 2003-2004 school year, Tyler Smith of Hartwell Road, grade 7, and Patrick Brennan of Bedford Road, grade 9, were each awarded high honors. Michael Burke of Pine Brook Road, grade 8, Kyle Murphy of Nickles Lane, grade 8, and Connor Smith, Hartwell Road, grade 9, were each awarded honors with distinction at St. Sebastian School.
• Katherine Puffer of Rutland Street, a seventh grader at Brimmer and May School, earned honors for the second quarter.
• In the fall semester, Kate Erickson '07 of Lowell Street, Meredith Davis, '06, and Daniel Tattersall '05 of Concord Street were each awarded high honors. Erica Rogoff '06 of Rodgers Road, Sanjay Trehan '05 Westford Street, and Alyssa Casey '04 of Indian Hill were awarded honors at Middlesex School.
• Brita Bero of Hartwell Road, a senior at Northfield Mount Hermon School, was named to the honor roll for the fall semester.
• Hannah J. Roberts of Nickles Lane, a tenth grader at Phillips Exeter Academy, has earned high honors.
• Kyra Prats of River Road, a seventh grader, received a Gold Distinction card, and Lindsay Ventura of Concord Street, a sophomore, received a Silver Distinction card at Newton Country Day School of the Sacred Heart.
Carlisle students named to Dean's List for fall semester
• Andrew Boardman of Russell Street, a sophomore majoring in history, was named to the Dean's List at the University of Rochester.
• Michael Finizio of Autumn Lane, a freshman majoring in civil engineering, and Laura Baumgartner of Woodridge Road, a freshman majoring in English and textual studies, were named to the Dean's List at Syracuse University.
• Christine Silea Gerson of Westford Street was named to the Dean's List at Vanderbilt University.
• Kristin Khederian of Pheasant Hill Lane, a junior majoring in marketing, was named to the President's List at Bentley College.
• Elisabeth Martini of Baldwin Road, a sophomore, and Florian Schueller of Hartwell Road, a freshman, were named to the Dean's List at Bentley College.
• Jessica Irwin of Concord Street, a senior, was named to the Dean's List at the University of New Hampshire, Whittemore School of Business and Economics.
• Elizabeth Calder of Wolf Rock Road, a freshman majoring in English and neuroscience, and Michael Chateauneuf of Hutchins Road, also a freshman are recipients of the Dean's Award for academic excellence at Colgate Universtiy.
• Karina Przyjemski of Bedford Road was named to the Dean's List of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences of Johns Hopkins University.
• Amanda Siedlar of Lowell Street, a major in the criminal justice program, was named to the Dean's List at the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
• Elizabeth Mollo-Christensen of Fifty Acre Way was named to the Dean's List at Colby College, where she is a geobiology major.
• Craig Ferraro of Spencer Brook Lane was named to the Dean's List at Fairfield University.
• Jessica Levine of Litchfield Drive was named to the Dean's List at Quinnipiac University.
• Andrew K. Mostello of Kimball Road, a student in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at Northwestern University, has been named to the Dean's List.
• Candice E. Oyer of Stoney Gate was named to the Dean's List
at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
© 2004 The Carlisle Mosquito