Friday, January 16, 2004
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
1:39 p.m. An abandoned 911 call was received from the Corey Building on Church Street. On the call back it was determined that kids had been playing with the phone and the person responding was advised.
3:34 p.m. A Carleton Road resident reported two dogs fighting. The matter was referred to the dog officer.
11:29 p.m. A domestic dispute on East Street was resolved by the parties involved.
8:18 a.m. A Bellows Hill Road resident reported a tractor trailer unit blocking the roadway. Patrol investigated and found neither a safety nor a traffic hazard.
12:57 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a house lockout on Kimball Road.
2:57 p.m. Patrol assisted a motorist at Westford Street and the Westford line.
9:07 p.m. Patrol responded at the scene of a domestic dispute on Suffolk Lane.
3:38 a.m. Patrol assisted Bedford Police on Carlisle Road in Bedford, where there was a vehicle accident with poles and wires down. Route 225 was temporarily closed at Skelton Road.
4:33 p.m. A Bedford Road resident reported a moose in the roadway. It was gone when patrol arrived.
7:40 a.m. A wellbeing check was made on Stearns Street.
9:53 a.m. A minor vehicle accident occurred at School Street and Baldwin Road.
9:56 a.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a minor vehicle accident on South Street.
10:52 a.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a minor vehicle accident at Bedford Road and Maple Street.
3:24 p.m. Patrol removed debris in the roadway in front of the police station.
5:39 p.m. Patrol assisted a School Street resident with a squirrel in the bedroom.
10 a.m. A Sunset Road resident reported traffic reflectors had been taken from their property.
11:32 a.m. An Elizabeth Ridge Road resident reported mailbox vandalism.
11:13 p.m. A suspicious person reported at Westford Street and Towle Field was determined to be taking pictures.
3:33 a.m. Patrol assisted Concord Police in looking for a vehicle involved in a break-in.
10:45 a.m. Patrol investigated a complaint of gunshots at Foss Farm and found everything checked okay.
1:27 a.m. DPW was advised of icy road conditions.
7:10 a.m. Patrol investigated a vehicle accident on Acton Street.
11 p.m. DPW was advised of icy roads.
4:04 p.m. Loose horses were reported on Stearns Street. They returned home.
7:30 p.m. DPW was called out because of conditions on the main roads.
10:20 p.m. Patrol assisted an elderly woman on Church Street.
6:04 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a disabled vehicle on School Street.
6:48 p.m. A loose horse at Autumn Lane and Robbins Drive was returned home.
1:56 a.m. Two 20-year-old men were arrested on Westford Street. The operator, from Billerica, was charged with failing to keep right and possession of a Class D substance. The passenger, from Chelmsford, was charged with possession of a Class D substance. Both were held at the station until they were bailed at 4:25 a.m.
2:45 a.m. A broom was found at Bedford Road and Maple Street.
1:25 a.m. A motorist was stopped at Westford Street and Towle Field and subsequently arrested for possession of a Class D substance and trespassing (the conservation land is closed at sundown).
9:46 a.m. Skylights, valued at $3,000, were taken from a construction site on East Street. The larceny is under investigation.
11:54 a.m. A suspicious person wearing camouflage gear was reported in town hall. Patrol investigated and the situation checked okay.
7:29 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of an emergency call.
2:22 a.m. A citation was issued for a past traffic violation. An officer on detail observed a vehicle passing in white-out snow conditions and reported the fact. A patrol officer issued the citation.
11 a.m. A Hartwell Road resident requested frequent cruiser patrol.
6:33 p.m. A vehicle accident occurred at Curve and Fiske Streets.
9:11 p.m. Suspicious activity was reported at a residence when the owners were away. Patrol investigated and the situation checked okay.
1:34 p.m. A Judy Farm Road resident reported hearing loud explosions. Patrol checked, with a negative find.
5:37 p.m. A well being check was made on Curve Street.
Police Activity Summary
51 Checks town buildings and churches
4 Directed activity
18 Selective enforcement
117 Directed activity, radar
86 Traffic violations
12 Suspicious persons, vehicles or events
13 Residential and other alarms
4 Hang-up or abandoned 911 calls
6 Assist the public
5 Disabled vehicles
5 Vehicle accidents
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
An alarm company reported an alarm activation on North Road which was later cancelled by the homeowner.
3:52 p.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at a Swanson Lane residence.
10:57 a.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation on Wilkins Lane and subsequently cancelled it as accidental.
12:40 p.m. Concord Fire Department requested an engine for a box alarm at the Middlesex School in Concord.
7:30 p.m. A 73-year-old woman with shortness of breath was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
• 282 Brook Street - Frank J. Golis to Deborah J. and Frank J. Golis for $1 on November 4.
• 15 Stearns Street - Nathaniel Lathrop and Vyshnavi Suntharalingam to Phyllis E. Madanian for $460,000 on November 10.
• 64 Suffolk Lane - Janet C. and Jeffrey L. Bryan to Nathaniel Lathrop and Vyshnavi Suntharalingam for $840,000 on November 10.
• 155 Davis Road - Ellen A. and Stephen E. Parks to Relocation Advantage, LLC for $1,225,000 on November 12.
• 155 Davis Road - Relocation Advantage, LLC to Eric and Seema Peterson for $1,225,000 on November 12.
• 230 School Street - William E. and Louise Brouse Diercks to William E. and Louise Brouse Diercks for $10 on November 12.
• Cross Street, Lot B and other parcels - Lauriston Ward to Bingham Road, LLC for $790,000 on November 13.
• Cross Street, Lot A - Lauriston Ward to Regina Costello, trustee of Carriage Estate Trust, for $560,000 on November 13.
• 264 Hutchins Road - Yiwei Chang to Joseph P. Sarao for $1,215,000 on November 17.
• Queensland, Lot 6A, Plan AII - Susan Defino to Janice N. and Susan Defino, trustees of Susan Defino Revocable Trust, for $1 on November 19.
• 433 Baldwin Road - Jane D. and Ralph P. Anderson to Jane D. and Ralph P. Anderson, trustees of 433 Baldwin Road Realty Trust, for $1 on November 20.
• 109 Hart Farm Road - William J. Kress, trustee of Eight Hart Farm Road Realty Trust, to Gregory J. Bondick and Gisela M. Cowan-Bondick for $1,157,085.14 on November 24.
• Carriage Way, Lot 7A - E. C. and Mary D. Prokopis to Lemonias Development Company, Inc. for $465,000 on November 24.
• 75 Rogers Road - Primacy Closing Corp. to Wei Du and Ru Liu for $945,000 on November 26.
• 51 Stearns Street - Mildred H. Davis to Norman E. Davis, Jr. for $1 on November 26.
© 2004 The