Friday, September 19, 2003
Selectmen fill board vacancies
At their meeting on September 9, the Carlisle Board of Selectmen filled a number of open positions, some on a temporary basis. (See list of town board and committee members on page 13.)
· Finance Committee. Thornton Ash was appointed to the Finance Committee, for a three-year term to expire on June 30, 2006. Ash is a former member of the private citizen's group, Committee for Tax Fairness. He replaces Tony Allison who was elected to the Board of Selectmen last May.
Larry Barton has resigned from the FinCom after being hired as the town's Treasurer/Tax Collector. His FinCom position remains open.
· Assistant Treasurer/Tax Collector. Selectmen appointed Linda Boucher as the Assistant Treasurer/Tax Collector.
· Town Clerk and Accountant. With the death of Town Clerk and Accountant Sarah Andreassen on August 15, both positions need to be filled. Priscilla Dumka was appointed Acting Town Accountant.
Assistant Town Clerk Irene Blake will carry out all resposibilities of the Town Clerk until a new Town Clerk is elected at the next Town Election.
· School Building Committee. Jan Burke was appointed to the School Building Committee for a one-year term.
· Pedestrian and Bike Safety Advisory Committee. Eileen Faber and John Troast were appointed to the Pedestrian and Bike Safety Advisory Committee.
© 2003 The