Friday, April 25, 2003
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
12:25 p.m. The traffic counter was deployed on Bedford Road.
2:50 p.m. A power outage on Hutchins Road was accidentally caused by a contractor. NStar was notified.
10:26 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a vehicle lockout on Buttrick Lane.
10:40 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene with medical transport to Emerson Hospital.
7:29 a.m. Patrol stood by while a horse was loaded on a trailer on Concord Street.
9:50 a.m. Loose peacocks were reported at West and South Streets. The owner was advised.
1:57 p.m. A traffic counter was deployed at Bedford Road and Green Cemetery.
3:11 p.m. Patrol assisted on Bedford Road at the scene of a small outside fire.
4:25 p.m. Turtles were reported crossing Bedford Road. Patrol had a negative find.
6:15 a.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a medical emergency at Foss Field and also assisted with transport to the hospital.
12:15 p.m. A Concord Street resident complained about a tree crew and was advised.
3:22 p.m. Carlisle Police officers received training on new breath analysis equipment at the station. The new equipment makes it possible to report directly to the registry.
10:11 p.m. A suspicious car was reporting driving up and down Nathan Lane. Patrol located the car and determined that the operator was looking for something.
1:09 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout at Church Street and the Corey Building.
10:51 p.m. Patrol determined that a car parked at Lowell Street and the visitor's center was disabled and waiting for help.
6:16 a.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a small outside fire on Berry Corner Lane.
2:17 p.m. A vehicle that had veered over the center line at Bedford Road and Stoney Gate, narrowly avoiding a head-on collision, was stopped. The operator said he had sneezed and this caused him to go out of his lane. He was advised.
3:18 p.m. A resident borrowed a Hav-a-heart trap at the police station.
5:24 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a disabled vehicle at Westford and Church Streets.
7:35 p.m. A Nowell Farme Road resident reported a trespassing problem to the police.
4:25 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout at the transfer station.
6:01 p.m. A deceased dog was found on Daniels Lane and the owner notified.
8:40 a.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a Lifeline activation.
9:41 a.m. Carlisle Police responded to a mutual aid call from Concord Police, who reported an erratic operator on Concord Street. The vehicle was stopped at the rotary and the operator determined to be having a diabetic reaction. He was transported to the hospital.
10:39 a.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a medical emergency.
4 p.m. Patrol stopped two cars that were racing on Brook Street. The operators were advised.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
10:41 p.m. A 65-year-old man with a possible heart attack was taken to Emerson Hospital. ALS assisted at the scene.
3:12 p.m. A caller reported a small outside fire on Bedford Road.
4:54 p.m. A man fell and lacerated his head. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance, with ALS assistance at the scene.
6:18 a.m. A man with a possible heart attack was taken from Foss Field to the hospital. ALS assisted at the scene.
6:17 a.m. A caller reported a small outside fire on South Street.
8:40 a.m. Patrol responded to a Lifeline activation. No transport was required.
9:45 a.m. A man having a diabetic reaction at Bedford Road and the rotary was taken to the hospital.
10:40 a.m. A 95-year-old woman with a possible stroke was taken to the hospital. ALS assisted at the scene.
Police activity summary
29 Checks town buildings and churches
07 Directed activity
08 Selective enforcement
57 Directed activity, radar
58 Traffic violations
14 Suspicious persons or events
04 Residential alarms
06 Assist the fire department
04 Animal related
06 Disabled vehicles
Real estate transfers - March 2003
· 26 Hemlock Hill Road - Susan R. and Ward Baxter to Elizabeth B. Willcox and John M. Tepedino for $685,000 on March 3.
· 43 East Street - Anthea I. Harrison Reilly, executrix under the will of Eleni Clio Marie Harrison, to Lemonias Development Company, Inc., for $450,000 on March 3.
· 325 Baldwin Road - Jacqueline Vischer and John Zeisel to Jacqueline C. Vischer and John R. Zeisel, trustees of VZ Realty Trust, for $1.00 on March 4.
· 109 Lowell Road - David C. and Donna C. Siedlar to Donna C. Siedlar for $1.00 on March 6.
· 388 Heald Road - Edith E. McEvoy to Edith E. McEvoy, trustee of the McEvoy Nominee Trust [reserving unto the grantor a life estate], for $1.00 on March 7.
· 81 Russell Street - Edward J. Talbot Jr., trustee of the Talbot Family Realty Trust, to Edward J. Talbot Jr. for $1.00 on March 10.
· 1007 North Road - Ralph P. Guanci, trustee of Ralph and Pam Guanci Realty Trust, to Pamela A. and Ralph P. Guanci for $1.00 on March 11.
· 776 East Street - Bevely B. and Edward D. Humm to Beverly B. Humm, trustee of Beverly B. Humm 2003 Revocable Trust, and Edward D. Humm, trustee of Edward D. Humm 2003 Revocable Trust, for $1.00 on March 11.
· Daniels Lane, Lot 7 - Deborah Schwartz, trustee of the Schooner Realty Trust, to Deborah Schwartz for $1.00 on March 13.
· 414 Stearns Street [Confirmatory deed; see September 12, 2002] - Lemonias Development Company, Inc. to Brian R. and Danielle R. Herr, trustees of the Brian R. and Danielle R. Herr Realty Trust, for $1,199,000 on March 14.
· 59 Suffolk Lane, Lot 1A - William N. Halchin and Suzanne Leung to William N. Halchin and Suzanne Leung for $1.00 on March 18.
· 81 Russell Street - Edward J. Talbot Jr. to Edward J. Talbot Jr., trustee of the Talbot Family Realty Trust, for $1.00 on March 18.
· 200 Indian Hill Road, Lot 1 - Paul D. Callahan and Nancy Roberts to Nancy Roberts for $10 on March 21.
· 101 Page Brook Road, Lots 8C and 27 - John D. Cameron and Xili G. Cameron to Michael L. Jackson and Jolanta Stachowicz for $535,000 on March 25.
· 44 Bedford Road - Martha V. S. Bedrosian, trustee of 44 Bedford Road Realty Trust, to Martha V. S. Bedrosian for $1.00 on March 26.
· 23 Buttrick Lane - Landwest, Inc. to Thomas P. and Jennifer Wisner Kelly for $1,264,883.50 on March 28.
© 2003 The