Friday, April 4, 2003
Notes from the Buzz
· School lunch price increases to $2.00. Effective Monday, March 31 the price of a school lunch will increase to $2.00. The Carlisle School Committee approved the increase at their meeting on March 4. The increase is designed to help offset the increased operating cost of the program.
· CSA volunteer search. The Carlisle School Association is looking for 2003-04 volunteers. In particular, the CSA is looking for a parent volunteer to be treasurer. Those interested should contact Liz Bishop at 1-978-318-0778, Brooke Cragan at 1-978-369-1196, or Beth Clarke at 1-978-369-5190.
· Destination Imagination presentation April 8. Come to the Carlisle school to see what DI (Destination Imagination) is all about. The teams participated in a regional competition on March 8 after working hard for five months on challenges. What are these challenges and what are "instant challenges?" This performance gives the kids a chance to show off their team's creativity, and super problem-solving skills. Tickets are $4.00 and contributions are also accepted. Tickets can be purchased at Daisy's and will be available at the door. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Carlisle.
· Reading overview on May 8. How does Carlisle teach reading? What can parents do to encourage children to read? Carlisle School Reading Specialist SUsan Helenius-LaPorte will be discussing the elementary reading program in the Spalding Conference Room at the Carlisle school at 9 a.m. on May 8.
· CSA Book Fair May 5 - 9. The annual CSA book sale will be in the Carlisle School library.
© 2003 The