Friday, August 2, 2002
Never heard around town
Inspired by Brian McGrory's column in the Boston Globe, June 17:
These are snippets of conversations we'll never hear in Carlisle:
· I just can't wait for Trader Joe's to open at Foss Farm.
· Here's my cell phone number. You can call me anytime.
· I loved FinCom's presentation at Town Meeting, but it ended too soon.
· It's too bad Tom Raftery's cartoons in the Mosquito always miss the mark. I never understand them.
· Yeah, I got through to AT&T Broadband on the first try and talked to a human. And my picture cleared up right away.
· Traffic? What traffic? Still, a traffic light at the rotary is a great idea.
· Our book club is reading the Anna Nicole Smith Story. What're you reading?
· We bought a tear-down in Buttrick Woods and we're going to build the cape of our dreams.
· Our portfolio did very well in the market this summer, so we're buying a time-share in Rehoboth.
· Hello, this is AT&T Broadband calling. We'll be installing new cable in your neighborhood next Wednesday, and ...
· Don't you think small children should be welcome at Town Meeting? After all, they're our future and should see government at work.
· So what ever happened to those sheep on Towle Field? I heard the coyotes got them.
· Property taxes and state taxes will both go up this year, but I'm sure this is the last increase,
· Mosquitoes? What mosquitoes?
© 2002 The Carlisle Mosquito