Friday, June 14, 2002
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
6:27 a.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a medical emergency.
6:39 a.m. Signs indicating that the Maple Street roadway was closed were reported missing.
7:03 a.m. DPW was notified of a detour sign in the grass at Westford and Church Streets.
4:10 p.m. Westford Police called about a youth on Rt. 27 threatening to harm himself. It was determined to be a Westford case and Westford found the youth in question.
4:10 p.m. A dog complaint was received from a Pheasant Hill Lane resident.
6:27 p.m. An injured bird was reported on Concord Street. Patrol had a negative find.
10:39 p.m. DPW was notified that a "police ahead" sign was blocked.
6:28 a.m. An elderly male fell and was assisted to his feet.
3:40 p.m. A past motor vehicle accident on Fiske Street, without personal injury, was reported.
6:02 p.m. DPW was advised of pot-holes at West Street and Log Hill Road.
9:50 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a smoke investigation on Sunset Road.
1:29 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene on River Road where a skunk was attacking a dog.
8:27 a.m. A paving crew blocking the roadway on Brook Street was rescheduled to a time when a police detail was available.
9:32 p.m. An erratic operator on Stoney Gate was stopped and advised.
1:14 a.m. A 19-year-old Chelmsford youth was reported missing. He had left the house wearing only his underwear. He was found in an area near Carlisle and was later reported returned okay.
8:22 a.m. DPW reported a naked male near the ski barn on Lowell Street. He was followed to his home in Chelmsford and proved to be the individual mentioned in the previous report.
2:11 p.m. DPW and NStar were advised of a tree on the wires on Skelton Road. The road was closed temporarily.
2:16 p.m. A turtle in the roadway on Skelton Road was moved.
2:45 p.m. Patrol assisted an Autumn Lane resident who reported a turtle in the garage.
11:02 p.m. Patrol investigated a vehicle parked in a lot on Bedford Road with the interior light on and the door locked. The vehicle appeared secure.
9:45 a.m. A Carlisle Police officer assisted with the DARE graduation.
4:48 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at the scene of a medical emergency.
7:41 p.m. A Westford Street resident reported a past hit-and-run.
9:05 p.m. A resident reported a past accident in which a deer was hit on Concord Street.
9:55 p.m. An injured deer at Concord and Russell Streets was put down.
11:20 a.m. Patrol made a well-being check on an Acton Street resident.
11:25 a.m. A parking complaint about parking at Concord and Russell Streets (for a garden tour) was resolved.
11:09 p.m. A lost motorist on Westford Street was assisted.
9:20 a.m. NStar was advised of a power outage on Bingham Road.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
6:23 a.m. An 86-year-old man fell and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
6:25 p.m. Concord received mutual aid for a box alarm at the Middlesex School.
9:53 a.m. A 50-year-old woman who was feeling ill was taken to the hospital.
2:45 p.m. A 74-year-old woman having difficulty breathing was taken to the hospital, with ALS assistance at the scene.
9:50 p.m. A Sunset Road caller reported the smell of smoke in the house.
12:59 p.m. A 71-year-old man having difficulty breathing was taken to the hospital with ALS assistance at the scene.
4:49 p.m. A 16-month-old girl fell and was taken to the hospital with facial bleeding.
Police activity summary
28 Checks town buildings and churches
51 Directed activity, radar
06 Directed activity, other
36 Traffic violations
11 Suspicious persons, vehicles , other
05 Residential and other alarms
05 Medical, general
04 Safety hazards
05 Disabled vehicles
09 Animal related
04 Traffic complaints
• 384 River Road, - Teresa M. Fitzgerald and George Kavvouras to Thomas R. Wilcox for $729,000 on May 15.
• 128 Skelton Road - Deborah E. Aldrich to Gang Chen and Tracy Cai Chen for $545,000 on May 22.
• 83 Oak Knoll Road - Marilyn L. Hartkopf to Kenneth G. and Catherine S. Moore for $840,000 on May 22.
• 302 Lowell Street - Paul F. and Helen E. Kierstead to Michael J. Kenny for $409,900 on May 28.
• Wilkins Lane, Lot C-5A - John M. Swanson to John M. Swanson and William Costello, trustees of Tall Pines Realty Trust, for $1,000 on May 29.
• Wilkins Lane, Lot 39D-1 - John M. Swanson and William Costello, trustees of Tall Pines Realty Trust, to John M. Swanson for $1,000 on May 29.
• Wilkins Lane, Lots C-5A and 39D - John M. Swanson and William Costello, trustees of Tall Pines Realty Trust, to Richard H. and Laurie F. (a.k.a. Laura F.) Bevier for $525,000 on May 29.
• 112 Prospect Street - Edward A. and Karen L. Henley to Ernest Prete and Sokha Keo-Prete for $520,000 on May 30.
© 2002 The Carlisle Mosquito