Friday, April 19, 2002
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
Your help is needed
The Carlisle Police Department is investigating a vandalism case that occurred on Saturday April 13, between 11 p.m. and 11 a.m. on Rutland Street.
If you saw anyone walking or acting suspiciously on Rutland Street during those hours, please call detective Scott Barnes at the Carlisle Police Department at 1-978-369-1155.
7:59 a.m. A sick fox was reported at River Road and Prospect Street. Patrol had a negative find.
5:31 p.m. An infant was reported left in a SUV outside of Daisy's unattended. It is a violation of the law to leave an infant unattended for more than five minutes. The parent of the child was in a nearby building and said she could see the car at all times.
11:03 a.m. A man and a woman arguing in a car on Brook Street were advised.
3:23 p.m. An Old East Street resident complained of suspicious phone calls and was advised.
7:08 p.m. Patrol assisted the fire department at a smoke investigation on Litchfield Drive.
1:28 a.m. Occupants of a car parked in the lot on Maple Street were advised to move on.
8:58 a.m. DPW was advised of a box of nails dropped in the roadway at Brook and Maple Streets.
6:46 p.m. Verizon was advised of a hanging wire at Bedford and Skelton Roads.
6:51 p.m. DPW was advised of a sink hole at Lowell Street and the rotary.
1:44 p.m. A resident reported mirror damage in a hit-and-run accident and was advised.
2:42 p.m. DPW was advised of a low hanging branch on Carlisle Pines Drive.
2:42 p.m. A tree crew working in the roadway was advised.
8:07 a.m. A man was scratched by a dog on Lowell Street. A report was taken and the dog officer notified.
9:33 a.m. Cars parking on the grass at the school were advised.
2:50 p.m. A motorist reported a traffic hazard at Bedford and River Roads where bicyclists were riding two abreast and used harassing language when asked to go single file. The law states that bicyclists on a public road should ride single file.
Four cases of vandalism were reported Sunday morning. All involved spray painting of mailboxes, vehicles and homes. The cases are under investigation.
10:12 a.m. A Pine Brook Road resident reported vandalism.
10:30 a.m. A Rutland Street resident reported his property was spray painted.
11:04 A Rutland Street resident reported property spray painted.
11:56 A Rutland Street resident reported property spray-painted.
Police activity summary
29 Checks town offices and buildings
55 Directed activity, radar
5 Directed activity, other
6 Selective enforcement
58 Traffic violations
7 Residential alarms
5 Suspicious vehicles or situations
4 Safety hazards
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
Open burning season
The dates for the open burning season in Carlisle are January 15 through May 1. Residents may have open fires between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Fires must be attended at all times and require a permit, which can be obtained on the day of burning between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. by calling the Carlisle Fire Department at 1-978-369-1442. The dispatcher will request a name, address and telephone number and will advise if conditions are acceptable for burning on that day.
10:50 p.m. EMTs responded to a possible overdose of prescription pills and ALS was called to the scene before the patient was transferred to Emerson Hospital.
5:32 p.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at a Clark Farm Road residence.
7:08 p.m. A Litchfield Drive caller reported smoke in the basement. It was determined to be burner blowback.
11:02 a.m. An 88-year-old woman complained of not feeling well and was taken to the hospital.
10:25 a.m. A seven-year-old girl fell from a swingset and was taken to the hospital, with ALS assistance at the scene.
March real estate transfers
· 225 Davis Road Pei Dong Wang to Pei Dong Wang and Xiaomin Ni, trustees of 225 Davis Road Realty Trust, for $0 on March 1.
· 203 East Riding Drive John M. and Patricia J. Laskey to John M. Laskey, trustee of John M. Laskey 1997 Revocable Trust, and Patricia J. Laskey, trustee of Patricia J. Laskey 1997 Revocable Trust, for $1.00 on March 4.
· 50 School Street Janice P. Hensleigh, trustee of Janice P. Hensleigh 1993 Revocable Trust, to Hensleigh House Films for $600,000 on March 7.
· North of Curve Street, Parcels III and IV Judith A. Thompson, f/k/a Judith A. Lamburn, and Richard H. Lamburn to Richard H. Lamburn and Judith A. Thompson, trustees of Lamburn Family Trust, for $0 on March 8.
· 453 River Road Francis A. and Rita L. Booth to Francis A. and Rita L. Booth, trustees of Booth Realty Trust, for $0 on March 8.
· 766 North Road Claude A. and Gunilla Lacoche to Gunilla Lacoche for $0 on March 14.
· 46 Stearns Street Barbara W. Dee, Marcia A. Gulesian and Wendy S. Watson to Barbara W. Dee for $1.00 on March 15.
· 46 Stearns Street Barbara W. Dee to Maureen L. and Michael Ruettgers for $405,000 on March 15.
· 127 Tophet Road, Lot 41 Nancy G. Malis to Nancy G. and Charles D. Malis for $1.00 on March 15.
· 134 High Woods Lane, High Woods Conservation Cluster, Lot 5 [off West Street] West Street Partners LLC to Ronald B. Peabody, A. Peter Anderson, and Carlton R. Traywick Jr. for $0 on March 18.
· 134 High Woods Lane, High Woods Conservation Cluster, Lot 5 Ronald B. Peabody, A. Peter Anderson, and Carlton R. Traywick Jr. to West Street Partners LLC for $0 on March 18.
· 766 North Road Gunilla Lacoche to Gunilla Lacoche, trustee of Gunilla Lacoche 2002 Revocable Trust, for $0 on March 20.
· Hart Farm Estates, Parcel 8B Michael J. Kenny to Town of Carlisle for $0 on March 21.
· Hart Farm Estates, Parcel Y-2 Town of Carlisle to Michael J. Kenny for $0 on March 21.
· Hart Farm Estates, Parcel 9A Michael J. Kenny to Robert J. Conard for $435,000 on March 21.
· 1192 North Road, Lot 17 James C. Chuang and Alexandra H. Kao, trustees of Chuang-Kao Family Nominee Trust and Chuang-Kao Nominee Trust, to James C. Chuang and Alexandra H. Kao for $1.00 on March 26.
· 252 Munroe Hill Road Maureen W. Myers, individually and as trustee of Maureen W. Myers Trust, to Maureen W. Myers for $0 on March 27.
· 193 Davis Road, Lot 2 Thomas Sullivan and Martin C. Ward, trustees of S S F N Realty Trust, to Ruo Ding Li and Joy Yi Shen for $1,279,000 on March 28.
· 264 Stearns Street T. Turner Snodgrass, administrator of the will annexed of Kent Richard Johnson, to Lemonias Development Co. Inc. for $403,750 on March 29.
© 2002 The Carlisle Mosquito