Friday, June 15, 2001
Shorts from the Carlisle School
· Carlisle Senior Band. The senior band will conclude their musical year with performances at a Spring Concert on Thursday, June 14 at 7:30 p.m. and at the eighth-grade graduation on Friday, June 22.
· Jr. MYWE. As members of the Junior Massachusetts Youth Wind Ensemble eight young musicians from Carlisle performed at Jordan Hall in their final concert of the year. Carlisle eighth graders Melissa Andrews, Stephanie Abend, Molly Crowther and Hannah Roberts and Concord-Carlisle High School nineth graders Jessica Nock, Meredith Eaton, Jennie Siegel and Charlotte Siegel rehearsed for three hours every Friday evening this school year. The youth wind ensemble performs two concerts a year, in December and June, in beautiful Jordan Hall.
· Eco Fair. The Fifth Annual Eco Fair was on display from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in the Corey Building dining room on Tuesday, June 12. Carlisle's 8th graders presented the ecology projects they had been investigating this year. Topics included endangered species, vernal pool destruction and mosquito control.
· Summer reading. Both the middle school and elementary school recommended reading lists are available on-line.
Paper copies are also available on request from Sandy Kelly, Peg Lynch or Steve Bober at the Carlisle Public School.
· MCAS. The year 2002 schedule for Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) tests has been determined. The grade 10 retest will be the week of December 10 The grade 3 reading test will be administered for three days between April 1 and April 12. The English Language Arts Composition Test for grades 4, 7 and 10 will be on April 9. For grades 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, all other test areas such as English Language Arts Language and Literature, Mathematics, Science, History and Social Science will be held between May 13 and May 24.
© +YEAR+ The Carlisle Mosquito