Friday, March 23, 2001
Shorts from the Carlisle School Committee
· Last day of school. The last day of school will be June 25, 2001 with no more snow days.
· Septic system.There will be no proposals for a new septic system at the May Town Meeting due to so much uncertainty on design and location.
· Kindergarten talk. Parents of children eligible to enter kindergarten in the Fall of 2001 are cordially invited to attend the annual kindergarten talk on Tuesday, March 27 at 7:00 pm in the Robbins Library of the Carlisle Public Schools. Questions? Call Lori Jackson or Joanne Graziano at 369-6550.
· Expenditures on budget. Business Manager Eileen Riley reported the school "was close to the mark on spending" according to the numbers in the FY01 budget. She said that the figures for the bus service have come in higher than the estimate because of increased numbers of children and longer routes. Expenditures for maintenance and supply items are being closely watched so they will be within the estimate.
· Baseball and softball. The Carlisle Public Schools baseball and softball schedule has been posted. Games will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 24 through June 5 and will be played against teams from Hanscom, Lincoln, The Parker School, Notre Dame, Shirley, and St. Jeanne D'Arc.
· Maternity leave. Julianne S. Locke, elementary school psychologist, has written to the Carlisle School administration requesting a maternity leave to begin on May 7th, 2001. She has also requested a leave of absence for the school year 2001-2002 and plans to return to work as a school psychologist September 2002.
· Resignation. Physical education teacher Sally Watts has informed Superintendent Davida Fox-Melanson that she will not be returning to the Carlisle Public Schools due to her husband's job relocation.
© +YEAR+ The Carlisle Mosquito