Friday, March 16, 2001
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
5:30 a.m. A sander truck slid off the roadway at Westford Street and Virginia Farme Lane.
7:10 a.m. NStar was advised of a power outage on Tophet Road.
7:10 a.m. DPW was advised of a tree in the roadway at Craigie Circle and Peter Hans Road.
7:39 a.m. NStar was advised of a power outage at East Riding Drive and Tophet Road. It was caused by trees resting on the wires.
7:55 a.m. Patrol removed phone wires from the roadway on East Street. Verizon was notified.
8:05 a.m. Arcing wires caused a fire on Wolf Rock Road. The fire department handled the situation and dispatch notified NStar.
9:15 a.m. Patrol provided cover for the disabled sander on Westford Street.
11:08 a.m. NStar and DPW were advised of wires down and a tree across the roadway on Timothy Lane.
11:12 a.m. NStar was advised of wires down at East Street and Milne Cove Road.
11:23 a.m. DPW was advised of a tree across the roadway on Skelton Road.
11:25 a.m. NStar was advised of a town-wide power outage.
12:59 p.m. NStar was advised of a tree on the wires on Page Brook Road.
1:18 p.m. NStar was advised of a tree on the wires on East Riding Drive.
5 p.m. A well-being check was made on a Cross Street resident.
5:20 p.m. Patrol removed debris in the roadway at East and Maple Streets.
6:50 p.m. Patrol removed a branch from the roadway on West Street.
2:43 a.m. Patrol assisted a disabled vehicle on North Road.
10:13 a.m. A man plowing snow onto the roadway at Bedford Road and Shady Brook Lane was advised.
3:32 p.m. Subsequent to a stop for a traffic violation, a vehicle operator was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Park County, Colorado. He was held and brought to court on March 8 pending extradition.
4:59 p.m. NStar was advised of a power outage on Sunset Road.
9:25 p.m. DPW was advised of a complaint of snow on the roads at Curve and Fiske Streets.
10 p.m. NStar was advised of a power outage at East Riding Drive and Tophet Road.
11:50 p.m. Arcing wires on East Riding Drive were taken care of by the fire department.
1:56 a.m. DPW was notified of road conditions at Curve Street and Forest Park Drive.
11:02 a.m. A two-car accident occurred on Prospect Street when one vehicle backing out of the driveway hit another. There was no personal injury.
1:41 p.m. A South Street resident who had been receiving harassing faxes was advised.
3:51 p.m. An oil truck stuck on an electrical box on Fifty Acre Way was removed from the box.
5:01 p.m. Patrol was successful at the scene of a vehicle lockout on Virginia Farme Lane.
5:04 p.m. There was a vehicle accident with no personal injury on Curve Street.
5:40 p.m. Mailbox vandalism on West Street was reported and logged.
6:05 p.m. A vehicle accident without personal injury occurred on Curve Street.
6:41 p.m. A landscape truck parked on the side of the road at Concord and South Streets was advised that they were creating a traffic hazard.
7:03 p.m. Verizon was advised of wires down on Milne Cove Road.
11:04 p.m. DPW was advised that a snowbank was blocking the view at North Road and Rutland Street.
8:21 a.m. The owner of a vehicle blocking the school bus on Canterbury Court was advised.
9:09 a.m. NStar was advised twice about a branch on the wires on West Street.
9:59 a.m. Patrol monitored one-way traffic on School Street.
12:45 p.m. A Hutchins Road resident who reported harassing phone calls was advised.
4:08 p.m. A missing persons report was filed on an eight-year-old who was subsequently determined to have been dropped off at the wrong address.
5:11 p.m. The Carlisle ambulance transported a person to Emerson Hospital who had sustained injuries in a vehicle accident on Bedford Road .
5:29 p.m. Transport to Emerson Hospital was furnished by mutual aid from the Concord Fire Department for a person injured in an accident on Westford Street at the Westford line.
6:53 p.m. NStar was advised of arcing wires at East Street and Partridge Lane.
11:29 p.m. Patrol assisted a disabled vehicle on Overlook Drive.
2:49 a.m. An accident occurred on Hartwell Road and the operator was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
8:50 a.m. A blue pick-up with a plow was reported for speeding on Heald Road. The operator was contacted and advised.
9:09 a.m. Patrol assisted the fire department on West Street at the scene of an oil burner problem.
11:12 a.m. A resident contacted police, seeking advice on a restraining order .
2:12 p.m. NStar was advised of a tree leaning on wires on West Street.
5:38 p.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a disabled vehicle on Lowell Street.
10:05 p.m. Areas of mailbox vandalism were patrolled.
10:07 p.m. A vehicle off the road on Maple Street near the Billerica line was assisted.
7:49 a.m. NStar was notified four times of a large branch pulling down wires on West Street
5:55 p.m. Two loose dogs were reported on East Street and impounded. They were subsequently picked up by their owner, a Billerica resident.
7:37 p.m. Patrol assisted a motorist with a flat tire at Bedford Road and East Street.
compiled by Kathy Coyle
12:36 a.m. A five-year-old girl with difficulty breathing was taken to the hospital, with ALS at the scene.
8:45 p.m. A 20-year-old woman having a reaction to medication was taken to the hospital, with ALS at the scene.
8:06 a.m. An arcing wire was reported on Wolf Rock Road.
5:02 p.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at an Elizabeth Ridge Road residence.
6:25 a.m. A 38-year-old woman who fell downstairs and was bleeding from her head was taken to the hospital.
5:07 p.m. An 80-year-old man who fell out of his wheelchair was taken to the hospital.
5:08 p.m. A vehicle hit a utility pole at Bedford Road and Stearns Street. An injured man was taken to the hospital.
5:38 p.m. An accident occurred at Westford Street at the town line. The injured person was taken to the hospital.
6:48 p.m. A wire was arcing in a tree at East Riding Drive and East Street.
9:10 a.m. A West street resident reported a burner problem There was a small fire in the pipe.
· 144 Fiske Street Barbara H. Miller to Barbara Miller, trustee of Fiske Street Realty Trust, for $0 on February 8.
· 700 Autumn Lane John J. and Lois M. Beatty to Charles J. and Jennifer Albanese for $532,000 on February 8.
· Off Curve Street [Hart Farm Estates], Lots 112 Paul C. and Helen L. Hart to Michael J. Kenny for $4,400,000 on February 12.
· Hart Farm Road, Lot 7 Michael J. Kenny to Deborah Schwartz, trustee of Schooner Realty Trust, for $475,000 on February 12.
· Hart Farm Road, Lot 12 Michael J. Kenny to Arvind and Shubhangi Puntambekar for $475,000 on February 12.
· Hart Farm Road, Lot 10 Michael J. Kenny to Altair Associates Inc. for $475,000 on February 12.
· Off Concord Road (2 parcels) Margaret Palmer Opolski, f/k/a Mary Margaret Palmer Kiezulas, as executor of the will of Margaret A. Palmer, and William F. Palmer, Jr., individually and as executor of the will of Margaret Palmer, to Margaret P. Opolski for $0 on February 16.
· 399 Concord Street Margaret Palmer Opolski, f/k/a Mary Margaret Palmer Kiezulas, as executor of the will of Margaret A. Palmer, and William F. Palmer, Jr., individually and as executor of the will of Margaret Palmer, to Margaret P. Opolski for $0 on February 16.
· Daniels Lane [Hart Farm Estates], Lot 1 Michael J. Kenny to Deborah Schwartz, trustee of Schooner Realty Trust, for $475,000 on February 20.
· Hart Farm Road, Lot 11 Michael J. Kenny to Deborah Schwartz, trustee of Schooner Realty Trust, for $475,000 on February 20.
· 456 South Street James E. II and Eliza M. Gowen to Robert III and Dianne E. Wesselhoeft for $695,000 on February 20.
· West Street, Lot 3A J. Arthur Taylor to Carlisle Conservation Foundation Inc. for $0 on February 22
· Daniels Lane, Lot 6 Michael J. Kenny to A W Carlisle LLC for $475,000 on February 22.
· 203 Peter Hans Road Christopher Alberto and Maura Ferrigno to Maura Ferrigno for $0 on February 23.
· Daniels Lane, Lot 3 Michael J. Kenny to Martha H. Bejar and Juan O. Alfonso for $475,000 on February 26.
· Daniels Lane, Lot 4 Michael J. Kenny to William R. and Susan Stumpf for $500,000 on February 27.
· 1193 Curve Street Thomas Landry and Sally Keelan to Erik J. Synnestvedt and Carren M. Panico for $409,000 on February 28.
© 2001 The Carlisle Mosquito