The Carlisle Mosquito Online

Friday, March 9, 2001


Animal beat What to do in case of escapes

If you are concerned about having your runaway horse, pony, pot belly pig or other large animal returned more easily to your barn, send in a color photo of your animal to: Town of Carlisle, Animal Inspector and Field Driver, 66 Westford Street, Carlisle, MA 01741.

On the back of the photo print the animal's name and any note that would make recognizing him easier. Add an address label to the back of the photo and include your phone number.

Be sure, if your horse boards in a barn not on your property, that you have supplied us with the horse's address. Update our records if your large animal moves to a new barn. Nameplates on stalls insure that your horse will be returned to where he feels most comfortable.

Remember, it's time for spring shots and that even large animals should have regular dental care. Horse dentists recommend yearly visits.

2001 The Carlisle Mosquito