Friday, February 9, 2001
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
1:51 p.m. A mailbox on North Road was reported damaged by vandalism.
3:52 p.m. A past burglary was reported on Bedford Road. It is under investigation.
10:17 p.m. A burglar alarm sounded on Sunset Road and was determined to have been caused by an open door.
8:56 a.m. As a result of a stop for speeding on Maple Street, a Concord resident was found to be driving with a suspended license and to be in possession of an illegal Class E substance. He was arrested and taken to Concord District Court.
10:36 a.m. An accident caused by black ice occurred on Maple Street, near the Billerica line. A woman, who was wearing a seatbelt, skidded into a snow bank. There were no personal injuries, but the car was totaled.
12:18 p.m. There was a spin-out accident at North Road and McAllister Drive caused by black ice. There were no personal injuries.
12:20 p.m. Signs were removed from the front of a Bedford Road residence. The signs were illegal under a town by-law.
1:31 p.m. A vehicle accident without personal injury, which had occurred earlier on Lowell Street, was reported.
2:08 p.m. A vehicle on Heald Road was forced off the roadway by a truck coming around a corner.
2:32 p.m. The operator of a car parked at the Duck Pond was arrested for possession of marijuana. He was taken to the station and held until he was bailed out at 4:15 p.m.
4:28 p.m. DPW was advised of hazardous conditions at School Street and Bellows Hill Road.
4:50 p.m. Patrol assisted with the release of a dog from the pound. The dog was impounded when the operator of the car it was riding in was arrested.
10:13 p.m. DPW was called out because of slippery roads throughout Carlisle.
7:18 a.m. Patrol assisted at the scene of a lockout on West Street.
7:42 p.m. The operator of a vehicle blocking a driveway on Lowell Street was advised.
2:15 p.m. Patrol checked smoke or steam coming from a building on Autumn Lane and found the situation was O.K.
1 a.m. Dispatch notified DPW that town roads needed to be sanded.
9:19 a.m. A disabled vehicle at the Greenough Land lot on Maple Street was started but broke down again on Maple Street at 9:34 and was towed.
10:27 a.m. Patrol stood by at the scene at Maple Street and the Billerica line until the Billerica police arrived to assist a disabled tractor-trailer unit.
2:13 p.m. A complaint of speeding cars on Fiske Street was referred to directed activity.
5:32 p.m. Patrol assisted a disabled vehicle at Concord and Russell Streets.
6:55 p.m. A South Street resident reported a light flashed into a window. Patrol checked the area and determined everything was O.K.
11 p.m. DPW was notified of poor road conditions.
12:32 a.m. A car hit a deer at Curve Street and Cranberry Hill Lane. The deer was put down.
1:26 p.m. A speeding complaint from East Street was referred to directed activity.
4:57 p.m. Police assisted with traffic on East Street at the scene of a house party for which no detail was available.
12:28 a.m. A house break was attempted on Stoney Gate Way when residents were not home, but the alarm alerted police. Entry to the house was gained through a broken window. The situation is under active investigation.
12:23 p.m. A child's bicycle was found on River Road. It was tagged and brought to the station.
5:33 p.m. A Brook Street resident reported flooding in the pumphouse. The situation was handled by the fire department.
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
10:37 a.m. A caller reported a rollover accident in front of her home on Maple Street. There were no injuries.
2 p.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at a McAllister Drive residence.
12:59 p.m. A caller reported a 67-year-old female with symptoms of a stroke. She was taken to the hospital.
9:45 p.m. Concord Fire Department requested mutual aid for a medical emergency at the Middlesex School Ice Rink. An injured person was taken to the hospital.
4:04 p.m. An alarm company reported carbon monoxide alarm activation at a Kimball Road residence.
9:09 p.m. An elderly female fell and sustained a possible broken arm. She was taken to the hospital.
5:15 p.m. A 47-year-old female fainted and was taken to the hospital.
5:35 p.m. A Brook Street resident reported the water pump frozen and the pump house flooding.
Police activity summary
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
46 Directed activity, radar
25 Checks town buildings and churches
58 Traffic violations
4 Assist the public
7 Residential alarms
4 Vehicle accidents
5 Disabled vehicles
6 Suspicious activity
4 General medical
· 566 Westford Road - Anna P. Johnson to Douglas P. Edwards for $515,000 on January 3.
· 58 Buttrick Lane - Landwest Inc. to Paul J. Jr. and Christine E. Cunningham for $1,534,544 on January 3.
· 35 Peter Hans Road - Gopal and Chandra Ramanathan to Chandra Ramanathan for $0 on January 8.
· 119 Estabrook Road, Lot 4 - Robert R. DeGuglielmo and Joanne E. Crowell to Joanne E. Crowell for $0 on January 9.
· 668 Lowell Road - James M. and Frances M. Simmons to Nader Hoville for $455,000 on January 11.
· 27 Old East Street 4 - Ronald F. and Terry S. Holsinger to Terry S. Holsinger for $0 on January 17.
· 43 Prospect Street - C. Allyn and Elizabeth V. Russell to John H. Sloane and Beverly H. Earle, trustees of Red Gable Trust, for $485,000 on January 25.
· River Road, Lot A-3 and Nowell Farme Road, Lot 7K - Keith P. Asarkof to Keith P. and Judith C. Asarkof, trustees of Keith and Judy Asarkof Trust, for $0 on January 29.
· South Street and West Street [7 parcels] - Adalbert E. Benfield to John M. Cornish and Marjorie E. Getchell, trustees of South Street Nominee Trust, for $0 on January 30.
· River Road and Nowell Farm Road, Lot 46K - John F. Jr. and Alice B. Sefton to John F. Sefton, Jr., trustee of Sefton Family Revocable Trust, for $0 on January 31.
· 113 Judy Farm Road, Lot WlA - Ward Burke to Charles R. Davis and Jane N. Mosier for $1,100,000 on January 31.
· 113 Judy Farm Road, Parcel B - Ward E. and Siegrid K. Burke to Charles R. Davis and Jane N. Mosier for $0 on January 31.
© 2001 The Carlisle Mosquito