Friday, December 15, 2000
Notes from The Buzz
The following notes are taken from the Carlisle School newsletter, The Buzz.
· If you are interested in participating in decisions regarding the play structures at the school, call the office at 369-6550 and tell Bev Woolard you want to join the playground committee. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 16, at 7 p.m. in the Robbins Library.
· Mark your calendars for the January 10 finance committee meeting. The school budget will be discussed, and this is a time when parents can have a voice in the process.
· Kindergarten 2001-2002: Do you have a child eligible for kindergarten in 2001? If so, did you receive a postcard from the school? If not, call Lori Jackson or Joanne Graziano at 369-6550.
· During this busy holiday season, with all the baking you might be doing, remember those boxtops. Cut the Boxtops for Education labels from all Betty Crocker containers. Send them to your classroom teacher or drop them at Daisy's Market.
· Save these MCAS dates: April 9-13, grade 3 reading; April 11, English language arts composition for grades 4, 7 and 8; May 14-25, all other tests. Attendance during these testing periods is extremely important.
· Please send in any outstanding activity or transportation fees as quickly as possible. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Carlisle. Call Eileen Riley if you have any questions.
· The lost and found in Spalding is overflowing. These items will be donated to charity in a short while, so come by to check out the box as soon as you can.
The CSA is looking for someone to write its newsletter. Roughly ten hours per month are required. Call Kathleen Marsh at 287-5664 if you would like to help.
The music department needs a portable storage cabinet for five audio components. Call Tom O'Halloran if you can help.
The school needs used VCRs. Call Eileen Riley if you have any to donate.
Please note that the school is looking for daily classroom substitutes. If you know any college students (sophomore and above) who would like to work over their winter breaks, call Bev Woolard.
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito