Friday, June 30, 2000
Torielle Ann Simon
Patricia and Keith Simon of Old North Road are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Torielle, born May 1 at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Grandparents are Dorothy and Edward Simon of Londonderry, New Hampshire.
Torielle joins her sister Talia and brother Brennan.
Cory Ritz weds Gretchen Rae
Gretchen Rae and Charles "Cory" Ritz were married on Saturday, May 20, at the Vesper Hill Children's Chapel in Rockport, Maine, overlooking Penobscot Bay. They wrote their own wedding vows and Mr. R. Gerry, justice of the peace, officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Paula Rae of Vassalboro, Maine. The groom is the son of Barbara Ritz of Groton and Terry Ritz of Orchard Acres in Carlisle.
Gretchen was attended by her aunt, Karla Seneca. The groom's best man was his brother, John Ritz; the bell ringer was his younger brother, Thornton "T" Ritz. Family members Micah Seneca and Kristin Bergstrom, were the greeters.
A reception at the Snow Bowl in Camden, Maine, followed the ceremony. Gretchen's brother, Niall, a chef, prepared the buffet dinner for the wedding.
Cory attended the Carlisle Schools and is a 1988 graduate of Lawrence Academy, Groton, Massachusetts. Both he and Gretchen are graduates of the University of Maine, Orono. Gretchen works as a veterinary technician for Strategic Bio Solution Co. in Windham, Maine. Cory is employed as an industrial engineer at Fairchild Semi-Conductor Corp. in Portland, Maine.
The couple is planning a wedding trip to Belize in Central America in January. They are residing at their home in Durham, Maine.
ENGAGEMENT Andrew Forsberg to wed Allison Whitmarsh
Marilyn and Ronald Whitmarsh of Dalton, Massachusetts announce the engagement of their daughter, Allison L. Whitmarsh, to Andrew S. Forsberg. He is the son of Joanne and Charles Forsberg of Autumn Lane.
A wedding is planned at Seven Hills Inn in Lenox, Massachusetts on October 7.
Miss Whitmarsh is a mathematics teacher at Billerica Memorial High School. She received a master's degree in 1999 from Tufts University and a bachelor of arts degree in 1997 from Mount Holyoke College. She is a 1993 graduate of Wahconah Regional High School.
Mr. Forsberg is a computer graphics researcher at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. He earned a master's degree in 1996 from Brown University and a bachelor of arts degree in 1994 from the University of Rochester. He is a 1990 graduate of Concord-Carlisle High School.· Marshall Evans of Heald Road received honors for the spring semester at the Carroll School in Lincoln.
· Stephen Fiedrich of Red Pine Drive has been chosen to be the starting goalie on the Mass.Bay Youth Lacrosse Team 2000 for boys under 15. The team representing Massachusetts took part in the National U.S. Lacrosse Team 2000 Festival on June 23 through June 25 in Troy, New York. Participating teams representing the best youth lacrosse players from their states came from as far away as South Florida and Colorado. 1800 girls and boys took part in the festival. Stephen and his teammates were undefeated in their six games at the tournament. The team will take part in one more tournament to be held on July 22 at UMass Amherst.
· Dana C. Atkinson, Carlisle Postmaster, was presented a 1,500-hour sick leave pin recently by Paul W. Lanzi, manager of the Middlesex-Central District of the U.S. Postal Service. Atkinson has accrued 1,975 hours of sick leave. Untaken sick leave is credited to retirement benefits.
In a letter to the postmaster, James M. Waters, acting manager of Post Office Operations, commended him for his achievement.
· David A. Erickson of Lowell Street, Carlisle graduated magna cum laude from The Fessenden School (grade 9) on June 9. David was awarded the Daniel W. Senecal Award 2000 for excellence in science, the Lincoln Prize 2000 for excellence in English composition, and the Classics Award 2000 for excellence in Latin. David will attend Middlesex School this fall.
Carlisle students named to their colleges' spring dean's list or who received faculty honors:
· Brita Gaffey of Lowell Street at Brandeis University.
· Andrew Mendosa of Munroe Hill at the College of Charleston.
· Christian Holsinger of Old East Street at Bentley College.
· Laura Bilodeau of Rutland Street at Colby College.
· Andrew Schannen of Prospect Street at Colby College.
· Alexander K. Tee of River Road at Colby College.
· Hailey Sullivan of School Street at Colby College.
· Kylah McNeill of Munroe Hill at Georgetown Unversity.
· Sarah Mollo-Christensen of Fifty Acre Way at Dartmouth College.
· Nichola Meserve of Woodland Road at Hamilton College.
· Adam Waitkunas of Westford Street at Westfield State College.
· Jason Reed of Page Brook Road at the College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio.
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito