Friday, June 23, 2000
Matthew Caires weds Karen Lee Gagliardi
Matthew Ham Caires, a resident of Prospect Street for 41 years, married Karen Lee Gagliardi on May 20 in a garden wedding at their home in Chelmsford. The wedding took place on one of the few sunny days this spring. Many of the 100 guests arrived from as far away as California, Florida, Maine, New York and New Hampshire. All of Matt's immediate family, all longtime Carlisle residents, attended, including his mother, Constance Caires, and his sister, Rebecca. Missing was Matt's dad, Jack Caires, who passed away five years ago.
Matt Caires is a graduate of Concord-Carlisle High School and attended Bentley College. He is territory manager for Transtar Autobody Technologies, Inc.
Karen Lee Gagliardi is the daughter of May and John Kaminski of Saugus. She is the office manager for the Institute of Learning and Development in Lexington.
Matt becomes the step-father to Karen's two daughters, Lindsay, 18, and Adrienne, 16.
· Margaret King Saphier was ordained as a Unitarian-Universalist minister at the First Religious Society on June 11. Her stole with fine embroidery was designed by Suzanne Hill and executed by Margie's friends at FRS. She is a May graduate from Andover Newton Theological School in Newton Center.
· Jess Markey of Stearns Street, a CCHS senior in the fall, leaves June 24 for a 10-day tour with the Massachusetts Youth Wind Ensemble of the New England Conservatory of Music. The group will perform in Budapest, Prague and Vienna and visit historic sites in these beautiful cities.
· Andrea B. Schneebaum, MD, of Curve Street has been installed as vice-president of the Lupus Foundation of America, Massachusetts Chapter for the year 2000-2001. Dr. Schneebaum is a staff rheumatologist at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, as well as a member of the faculty at Harvard Medical School. She has served on the board in many capacities for the past ten years, and will continue to chair the medical advisory board. In 1998, Dr. Schneebaum received the Butterfly Award in national recognition for her dedication and service to the Massachusetts Chapter.
· Benjamin Byrd of Nathan Lane has been appointed vice president and treasurer of Polaroid Corporation.
More High School Graduates
· Timothy James Lane of Concord Street graduated from the Francis W. Parker Essential Charter School, Devens, Massachusetts. The class of 2000 was the first graduating class of the Parker School. Tim will be attending Marlboro College in Marlboro, Vermont.
· Marcel Boulé of Kimball Road was graduated from the Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School. He will attend C.W. Post College in the fall.
Fenn School honor roll
The following students from Carlisle have been named to the Fenn School spring honor roll: Jack Carroll, Peter Carroll, Adam J. Clark, Hugh Doyle, Stephen J. Fiedrich, Nicholas J. Foley, Tudor F. Foote, Alexander Green, Colin W. Green, Siddharth K. Joshi, Zach B. Parker, Jess Petrie, and Daniel T. Tattersall.
Geoffrey Cole of Old Quarry Drive has been named chairman-elect of the board of trustees of the Massachusetts Hospital Association.
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito