Friday, June 16, 2000
Notes from The Buzz
The following notes are taken from the Carlisle School newsletter, The Buzz.
· Many of you have asked how to contribute money to the fund set up to assist Katie Ford's family. St. Irene Church is overseeing this effort. Paula Trebino will serve as liaison. Checks may be made out to St. Irene Parish, with a note in the memo section stating "Ford family" or Family fund." Checks may be mailed to Paula Trebino at 5 Heald Road, Carlisle, MA 01741. Your cancelled check will serve as your receipt.
· Middle school homeroom assignments will not be announced until they are posted on the window of the Corey lobby at 10 a.m., August 15.
· First- through fourth-grade parents are being organized to volunteer at the school during lunch and recess next year. Call Mary Keeler (first grade), Susan Evans (second grade), Sue Struss (third grade) or Marian Goodale (fourth grade).
· For your planning purposes, the schedule for next year's MCAS testing will be April 11: Eng. LA Composition Grs. 4,7,8; April 9-13: Reading, Gr.3; May 10: make-up for Eng. LA Composition, with the rest given between May 14 and 25. Please do not schedule any out-of-school time during these periods.
· Old Home Day needs kids! Bring your decorated wagons, mini-floats and festive bikes and join the parade at the school parking lot at 10 a.m. or the post office lot at 10:30 a.m. No pre-registration is necessary. Parents are encouraged to review all bike safety rules with their children before the parade. Bikes need to stay within the bicycle section. Races, figure eights and lapping the Honored Citizen are not appropriate.
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito