Friday, June 9, 2000
Notes from The Buzz
The following notes are taken from the Carlisle School newsletter, The Buzz.
· All of Carlisle is invited to the school's annual Arts Celebration Night on June 13. Artwork by students in grades k-8 will be exhibited beginning at 6:45 p.m. in the Corey dining room. At 7:30 p.m., students in small ensembles will perform in the music room.
· Join us on Wednesday, June 14, from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. to say thanks to the bus drivers who have provided such fine service all year long. The coffee will be held in Mr. Goyer's office in the Wilkins Building.
· The next Spaghetti Supper will be held on October 3. It needs two chairpeople to start organizing now. Call Kathy Hassey (287-4284) or Kathryn Dennison (371-3178) for details.
· Boys and girls in grades K-6 are invited to register for the CC youth soccer, which begins in September. Registration will be held in the Hunt Gym in Concord on Saturday, June 17, from 9-11 a.m. and on Wednesday, June 21, from 6-8 p.m. Call 287-0968 for more information.
· Many of you have asked how to contribute money to the fund set up to assist Katie Ford's family. St. Irene Church is overseeing this effort. Paula Trebino will serve as liaison. Checks may be made out to St. Irene Parish, with a note in the memo section stating "Ford family" or Family fund." Checks may be mailed to Paula Trebino at 5 Heald Road, Carlisle, MA 01741. Your cancelled check will serve as your receipt.
· If you ordered but have not received your tape of the seventh-grade play, contact Ornit Barkai at 369-7455.
· Middle school homeroom assignments will not be announced until they are posted on the window of the Corey lobby at 10 a.m., August 15.
· Physical education classes will be held on Spalding Field for the remainder of the year, so remind your children to dress appropriately. Students are asked to wear socks, sneakers, hats and sunscreen.
· First- through fourth-grade parents are being organized to volunteer at the school during lunch and recess next year. Call Mary Keeler (first grade), Susan Evans (second grade), Sue Struss (third grade) or Marian Goodale (fourth grade).
Carlisle School dates
Tuesday, June 13
Sixth grade to Museum of Science
Mr. Stamell's class play
Wednesday, June 14
Bus drivers appreciation coffee
Mr. Stamell's class play
Mr. Stamell's class picnic
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
School council meeting
Thursday, June 15
7 p.m., Robbins Library
Friday, June 16
Full day for all students
All fifth graders to Kimballs
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito