Friday, May 12, 2000
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
8:51 a.m. There was a three-car motor vehicle accident at Westford and School Streets. There were no personal injuries and the vehicles left under their own power.
2:31 p.m. The department of public works was advised of a boulder in the road at Pope Road and the Acton line.
9:35 p.m. A car that went through the rotary too fast was stopped and four adults were subsequently arrested. Two males from Bedford, ages 23 and 19, had outstanding warrants on them; they were held overnight and taken to court the next morning. The two other occupants were a 19-year-old male from Bedford and a 21-year-old male from Billerica. All four were arrested for possession of a Class D substance, marijuana, and one was arrested for possession of alcohol.
8:34 a.m. Police investigated a motor vehicle accident at Bedford Road and Banta-Davis Field. There were no injuries.
8:45 p.m. The two defendants reported in the May 2 entry were taken to court.
9:55 a.m. A Bellows Hill Road resident reported there was a raccoon in the house. The animal control officer was notified.
2:36 p.m. An Indian Hill Road resident reported a propane leak. The fire department was notified.
4:45 p.m. A truck rolled backwards at the rotary, hit another motor vehicle and then took off. Police have identified the vehicle responsible and the incident is still under investigation.
9:20 a.m. A work crew blocking half of the roadway on Wolf Rock Road was advised to get a detail to direct traffic.
11:07 a.m. A sick raccoon, reported on Bedford Road, could not be located.
Midnight A juvenile, reported missing from a Baldwin Road residence, was later found.
4:06 p.m. A child missing from a Lowell Street residence was returned home by an acquaintance.
10:32 p.m. Police were informed of an unauthorized house party at a School Street residence. The party ended.
1:35 a.m. Boston Edison was advised of a large tree on the wires on West Street.
9:19 a.m. Boston Edison removed the tree from the West Street roadway.
10:17 a.m. Police were unsuccessful at the scene of a lock-out on Kimball Road.
Police activity summary
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
21 Checks town buildings and churches
5 Suspicious vehicles
28 Traffic violations
4 Animal complaints
5 Traffic complaints
6 Residential alarms
9 Directed activity, radar
compiled by Kathleen Coyle
8:13 p.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at a Red Pine Drive residence, but cancelled the alarm at 8:14 p.m.
7:17 p.m. A 66-year-old resident fell and sustained a possible broken nose. She was taken to Emerson Hospital.
6:46 a.m. An alarm company reported activation at a Wolf Rock Road residence.
10:53 a.m. A caller requested assistance for a 72-year-old man. No transport was needed.
6:33 a.m. An alarm company reported alarm activation at a McAllister Drive residence.
12:30 p.m. Concord requested a mutual aid ambulance for an intoxicated male in the Walden Pond parking lot.
2:35 p.m. An Indian Hill Road caller reported that the propane tank for his barbecue grill was leaking. There was no fire.
8:11 p.m. Concord Fire Department requested an engine at the scene of a structure fire on Main Street in Concord. The crew returned to the station at 11:45 p.m. (The eight-alarm fire at the professional building near Route 2 was reported to be the worst fire in Concord in 20 years.)
9:07 p.m. A River Road caller reported the odor of smoke outside. The smoke was determined to come from Concord's structure fire.
9:22 a.m. An alarm company reported activation at a Fiske Street residence.
11:39 a.m. There was an automatic box alarm activation at the Corey Building at the Carlisle Public Schools. The alarm was triggered by burnt toast.
11:37 a.m. An 80-year-old woman fell and injured her hip. She was taken to the hospital.
12:38 p.m. A man at the police station on Lowell Street had a seizure and was taken to the hospital.
10:08 p.m. A caller reported a strong smell of smoke in the Pope Road/West Street area.
· 683 East Street - Robert A. Wetherbee to John L. and Diane M. Delgado for $282,000 on April 3.
· 479 West Street and West Street, Lot 16 - Howard E. and Janice P. Hensleigh to Janice P. Hensleigh, trustee of Janice P. Hensleigh 1993 Revocable Trust, for $0 on April 6.
· 450 Westford Road - David L. Valdena, co-executor, Jan K. Stetson, individually and as co-executrix, and Karl, George D. and Douglas B. Stetson, individually, all by power conferred by the will of Ralph D. Stetson, to H. Raymond Goodman, trustee of SJK Realty Trust, for $250,000 on April 6.
· Mill Pond Lane, Lot 2 - Brigitte I. and George E. Senkler, II to Paddington Associates fo $0 on April 7.
· 291 Kimball Road - Michael C. and Elizabeth A. Bishop to Elizabeth A. Bishop for $0 on April 12.
· Pine Meadow, Lot 6 - Marie F. and Joachim Fiedrich to James A. Harris and Frank Cormier for $340,000 on April 14.
· 118 Hutchins Road - Northwest Structures, Inc. to Basil and Elizabeth D. Bourque for $895,000 on April 18.
· 124 Aberdeen Drive - Daniel W. and Lisa C. Clark to Mark and Nancy Szczesniak for $972,500 on April 26.
· 49 Red Pine Drive - Edgar S. and Jacqueline M. Miller to Edgar S. and Jacqueline M. Miller, trustees of Miller Family Realty Trust, for $0 on April 27.
· 586 River Road - Coleman W. and Nancy M. Ridge to Gerard C. Coletta and Pamela S. Wight for $660,000 on April 28. 610 Rutland Street - Sarah A. Matthews and James Gross to Sarah A. Matthews and James Gross, trustees of Rutland Street Realty Trust, for $0 on April 28.
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito