Friday, February 11, 2000
· Three Carlisle students at Concord Carlisle High School have successfully auditioned for and been accepted into the Massachusetts All-State Concert Band. They will be performing as part of the All-State Festival at Symphony Hall on March 18, 2000.
Caroline Cardiasmenos, a senior, on Trombone
Aaron Pinsky, a sophomore, on French Horn
Nicholas Rubenstein, a freshman, on French Horn.
· Scholastic art awards - More than 1,500 Massachusetts students have received honors in the 50th Boston Globe Scholastic Arts Award, an annual competition for young artists in grades 7 through 12 in private, public and religious schools. The following Carlisle students, all from Concord-Carlisle High School were honored: Marissa Cheng -Silver Key award; Mathew Kleine - Honorable Mention; Eric Ventura - Honorable Mention; Michael Kilfoyle -Honorable Mention.
· On Tuesday, February 1, Prise de Fer Fencing Club Girls Sabre Team beat Dana Hall High School JV 7-2. The Prise de Fer team was made up of three Carlisle fencers, Eva Jellison, 12, Judy Farm Road, Elise Lehotsky, 11, West Street, and Emily Ho, 12, Judy Farm Road. The three girls are coached by David Blake.
· Saturday, January 31, two Carlisle fencers won gold medals in a tournament in Wellesley. Jim Darling, West Street, won the Junior (Under 19) mixed sabre tournament and Eva Jellison, Judy Farm Road, won the Cadet (under 17) mixed sabre tournament. Jim and Eva are both coached by David Blake.
· Erin McCormick of Bellows Hill Road, a senior at Simmons College, was named to the dean's list for the fall semester.
· Tom Cole of McAllisterDrive made the dean's list for the fall semester at the School of Engineering at Tulane University.
© 2000 The Carlisle Mosquito