Friday, October 15, 1999
Police Blotter / Fire Log
compiled by Kathy Coyle
2:59 p.m. A motor vehicle accident occurred at Autumn Lane and Indian Hill. There were no personal injuries and the accident was not investigated.
4:57 p.m. A Stearns Street resident reported a possible soliciting scam and a report of the incident was taken.
12:35 p.m. A dog was struck at Bedford Road and Foss Way and the dog officer was notified.
5:20 p.m. Police assisted at the scene with moving machinery on Concord Street.
7:34 p.m. Police assisted at the scene on Fifty Acre Way where a child was reported locked in the bathroom. The door was opened.
8:17 a.m. Police provided traffic coverage for the Walk Your Kid To School Day between Westford Street and the rotary.
8:29 a.m. A 911 misdial was determined to be caused by a fax machine malfunction.
1:11 p.m. A wallet was found on Brook Street and returned to its owner.
1:12 p.m. Police assisted a car rental company locate a leased vehicle.
5:17 p.m. An unknown odor was reported by a Stearns Street resident and Boston Edison was notified.
8:01 a.m. A found wallet was brought into the station and subsequently returned to its owner.
10:52 a.m. The dog officer was notified of a barking dog on Westford Street.
2:45 p.m. A truck leaking water was reported at Concord and South Streets.
6:15 p.m. A Berry Corner Road resident seeking legal advice was referred to the appropriate town agency.
10:07 a.m. The owner of a barking dog at a Westford Street residence was advised.
12:55 p.m. A Laurelwood Drive resident requesting assistance with a domestic situation was advised and the situation was resolved.
3:40 p.m. A Red Pine Drive resident reported a snake in the basement and the animal control officer was advised.
Police activity summary
25 Check town buildings and churches
11 Residential alarms
36 Massachusetts traffic violation
12 Directed activity, radar
4 911 hang up calls
2 Suspicious persons
7 Suspicious vehicles
2 Park and walk
3 Radar traffic enforcement
4 Animal complaints
7 Public assistance
compiled by Kathy Coyle
517 p.m. A Stearns Street homeowner reported a strange odor in the basement.
8:46 p.m. A neighbor reported an audible alarm coming from a Nathan Lane home.
6:32 p.m. An 81-year-old Prospect Street resident fell and sustained no apparent injuries but was given transportation to the hospital.
8:47 p.m. An alarm company reported a smoke detector activation at an Elizabeth Ridge Road residence.
9:21 p.m.The fire alarm at an Indian Hill residence was activated by a pot holder on the stove.
© 1999 The Carlisle Mosquito