Friday, June 25, 1999
Maria Elena Balles
Kathryn and Eric Balles of Nowell Farme Road are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter Maria Elena, born June 10 at Emerson Hospital. Maria joins her siblings, Daniel (9), Joey (7) and Suzanne (2). Grandparents are Norbert and Anna Balles of Carlisle and Tom and Joann Geary of Congers, New York.
Evan James Marohn
James and Donna (Horrigan) Marohn of Brookline joyfully announce the arrival of their first child, a boy, Evan James, on Saturday, June 19. He was born at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Proud grandparents include Doris Horrigan of Dedham and William and Katherine Marohn of Autumn Lane.
· Jeff Critchlow of Baldwin Road, a CCHS graduating senior, was named to the Boston Globe's 1999 All-Scholastic boys' lacrosse team. He was responsible for 51 goals and 32 assists and was his team's leading scorer.
· Michelle Daly of School Street, a CCHS sophomore and twice the Dual County League's Most Valuable Player, pitched her team to the DCL Championship this year. After 24 straight wins, the Patriots were defeated 2-0 in the Eastern Massachusetts championship game by Apponequet.
· Chuck Hughes of Acton Street, competing in the Massachusetts Senior Olympics at Springfield College, finished first in the men's 70-74 division, in basketball.
· Carlisle students on the Dean's list for the spring semester: Allison Micarelli of Maple Street at Lafayette College; at Colby College A. Tyler Dewing of South Street, Danielle Driscoll of Indian Hill Road, Rebecca Rothenberg of Carleton Road, Hailey Sullivan of School Street; and Tom Cole of McAllister Drive at the School of Engineering at Tulane University.
· Jessie Parker of West Street graduated from Lawrence Academy and will go to Trinity College in Connecticut.
· Christine Kim of Martin Street, who graduated from CCHS on June 12, will attend the University of Connecticut in the fall.
© 1999 The Carlisle Mosquito